panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
13 days ago

3 Tips for Students Traveling Iceland on Bicycle

If you’re a fan of bike tours and ran out of local destinations, there’s nothing to worry about,   we have the perfect trips for you. All you need is the plane ticket to Iceland for you and your trusty companion and around three weeks of holiday in order to be able to complete the whole course. Iceland’sring-road will take you on an incredible journey from Reykjavik and around the most iconic landscapes the country has to offer. Also, we have gathered 5 tips you might want to take into consideration before packing your bags and your bike for the road.

Be Aware of the Wind

You might have heard about the wind speeds in  Iceland and think you are prepared for it. Well, the truth is that nothing can really prepare you for the wind speed and intensity in Iceland. When you’re riding into the wind, the usual pace of passing 50 miles in 6 hours can turn into 10 or even 12hours.

The winds are so strong sometimes that you might even be forced to pedal downhill.

The upside for this is that when you have the wind behind you, the miles simplyfly.

Consider Camping as a Low-budget alternative  to Hotels

There are a lot of campsites in Iceland that do not require booking in advance. Besides, the camping spots are very visible, and you will see a lot of road signs leading to them. There’s also the possibility of just setting the camp near the road in an unmarked camping spot but make sure the land is not fenced or on someone’s property first.

A Lot of Daylight for Cycling

In mid-summer, it never gets truly dark and that means more time for you to complete your distances. Of course, you need to be careful to balance all the time available for cycling with the physical resources you have and make e sure to avoid extenuation. Instead,  use the extra daylight to keep an eye on the things you put on pause when you left, like descriptive essay topics for college students. The school will start again in fall so you need to be prepared. And speaking of daylight, if you want to combine your cycling trip with a chance of seeing the Northern Lights, keep in mind that the chances of that to happen in the summer are almost 0. You will have to pick the right moment, preferably in fall – September through November.

The bottom line is that cycling in Iceland is daunting but an experience that will reward you hugely. It can go from brutal to downright mesmerizing and every day will be a lot easier to handle with the help of that amazing scenery and landscape.  

Christina
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
5 hours ago

Christina, that is great article! I've been dreaming of Iceland since I've written an essay about the culture of its people for https://ca.edubirdie.com/research-paper-writing-services/ and this text is very useful. I've never thought of taking a bicycle tour there though. I believe it would be fascinating.

Catt