panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-11

What type of software used??

Would anybody know what type of VT software is used for these Virtual Tours:

http://manoto.com/toolbox/web/virtualtours/index.aspx

And how can they do them so cheap - is it quantity?

Thanks,

Bill
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-11
They are using ptviewer an opensource viewer that is well regarded, though you have to figure it out yourself.

They are taking the panoramas with a one shot lens
you can see it in the reflection here

It means there pictures are low quality and grainy but it only takes a second to take each one and then they can be automatically processed and just inserted into a premade template.

I imagine it is volume and being in an urban area? I can imagine that if you get enough orders in a built up area so not too much travel time then you could probably do one and hour in which case it wouldn't be too bad a basic business. Until a high school student comes round on a moped doing them for 50 bucks that is.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-11
Quote: Originally posted by zxcvbnm on June-11-2007
They are using ptviewer an opensource viewer that is well regarded, though you have to figure it out yourself.

They are taking the panoramas with a one shot lens
you can see it in the reflection here

It means there pictures are low quality and grainy but it only takes a second to take each one and then they can be automatically processed and just inserted into a premade template.

I imagine it is volume and being in an urban area? I can imagine that if you get enough orders in a built up area so not too much travel time then you could probably do one and hour in which case it wouldn't be too bad a basic business. Until a high school student comes round on a moped doing them for 50 bucks that is.

It's funny - you can see the guy crouching under the tripod!!!

Thanks for the info!

Bill

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-12
In my area I started out doing tours for real estate with a 0-360 one shot lens for $150 for unlimited pano tours. I still wasn't getting very many real estate agents to use me because they all use visual tours. I had to drop my price to $75 dollars for a basic Tour,with unlimited panos. Still not getting that many real estate tours. and I even switched to the FC-e9. It gets kind of frustrating. I can't do them for free.
                                 Take care,
                                          Chris
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-12

In this topic:
http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=2545&PagePosition=1

Cowgirl wrote:
"I have recently sold a company that was doing one shot tours (we did over 3,000 in the last 2 1/2 years), but I like this technology so much better."

Not so bad. Good luck

Martin