Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: IPIX Rotator + Panoweaver Stitch Headache Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by alaok on April-29-2003 at 11:05am
View alaok's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by alaok Search   Quote alaok Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
alaok
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-29-2003
1 Posts
Is anyone here using or has used the ipix rotator with panoweaver? I am having alignment problems and would like to know if anyone has experience in troubleshooting the combo...

Any knowledgeable feedback would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance :)

Message posted by BixVid on April-30-2003 at 7:36am
View BixVid's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BixVid Search   Visit BixVid's Homepage www   Quote BixVid Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BixVid
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-29-2002
90 Posts
Hi alaok,

Yes I must regretably admit I used their bracket and Panoweaver. I find inherant in the FE's acquired that I need to rotate one hemisphere or the other when manually stitching. You might also note that if you put a spirit level on the bracket without the camera in it, that when you have it level for one shot then rotate for the reverse shot that those brackets will fall off level! Don't know why. Dave at 360 as a lot of info on trouble shooting your rigs. I got tired of manually correcting and baught a Kaidian 990CS. This took care of the problem.

Hope it gets you started!
Jack

Message posted by tdmerch on May-01-2003 at 1:53am
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Hi,

When I bought my Nikon fisheye lens for my 995 off Ebay, I got an IP*X rotator  thrown in on the deal.  I have to rotate both spheres .5-degrees and I get very good stitches using the 2 sphere Panoweaver method.  I also mask out all the black around the spheres so there is a crisp edge. 

I use batch actions quite a bit and created one for this adjustment and it works 95%.  It works like this:

• Select the Elliptical Marquee tool to create a circle around the sphere.
  • Invert
  • Delete (This leaves me a black background. Ford Oxal's ClickAway uses a green background)
  • Rotate the image 0.5-degrees
  • Save

This works for me and I will use this rotator until I can afford a Kaidan system.  If anyone has a Kaidan system they want to unload, please let me know because my system is Mickey Mouse, but it works.  The other reason I want the Kaidan system is so I can generate high-res pans for large art prints.

Good luck, Tom

Message posted by N-I-P on May-17-2003 at 3:48pm
View N-I-P's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by N-I-P Search   Quote N-I-P Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
N-I-P
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
May-17-2003
9 Posts

Hi,

i have the same problems using Coolpix5000, FC-E8 Fisheye, IPIX Rotator Pack and a Manfrotto Tripod. Now i'm sitting and trying and trying to get perfect results.

What to you mean with rotate 0.5 degrees ??  Is it yaw,roll or pitch ??
Hope to get it fixed before monday :)
cu

Adam

Message posted by tdmerch on May-19-2003 at 10:17pm
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Hi,

I rotate the images in PhotoShop but I believe it would be a "roll".  Good luck.

Tom

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register