Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: miss match? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Johan Gelderloo on January-18-2007 at 11:40am
View Johan Gelderloo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Johan Gelderloo Search   Quote Johan Gelderloo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Johan Gelderloo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
April-18-2005
30 Posts

Hallo all.

Please will someone look at the picture? I do not succeed to stitch the images 100%

I see the samples of the other website and it seems to me they are stitch 100% I am sure my picture can be better.

I am almost sure the noble point is correct but maybe it needs some adjustments? And if it must, in what direction I have  to adjust?

I use a Nikon D100 with 8 mm sigma.

Johan

http://www.jgfotografie.nl/Foto/koppelpoort.jpg

-------------
J.G.

Message posted by smooth on January-18-2007 at 12:18pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Johan,

Your stitching result is pretty good and not much better will be achieved with an "Automatic Stitcher" like Panoweaver. Your NPP is out very slightly to the right and needs to move left just slightly.

As I have mentioned before you should tilt your camera 90 degrees and look down through the view finder and using the "center" focus point align this with the center screw of the Nodal Ninja Panohead you are using.

About your image: Are you using some sort of HDR? Also did you sharpen somehow? To me the image looks peculiar in some way (not natural).

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on January-18-2007 at 1:45pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I agree.  Your nodal point is off by 1 or 2 mm.  I can see the stitch errors in the street lamp, fence and walk way.  Also stitch errors at the 180 degree mark opposite side - the bridge and edge of canal.

Fine tune your no parallax point then retry.

Your image does not look like the typical "Nikon Blue" images I have seen.  Nikon Blue is a white balance issue.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Johan Gelderloo on January-18-2007 at 1:48pm
View Johan Gelderloo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Johan Gelderloo Search   Quote Johan Gelderloo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Johan Gelderloo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
April-18-2005
30 Posts

Thank you Smood.

I think I mist your advise As I have mentioned before you should tilt your camera 90 degrees and look down through the view finder and using the "center" focus point align this with the center screw of the Nodal Ninja Panohead you are using

Yes I use HDR and I sharpened a little.

kindly regard

Johan

-------------
J.G.

Message posted by Johan Gelderloo on January-18-2007 at 2:04pm
Johan Gelderloo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
April-18-2005
30 Posts

Thank you also Dave.  

So when I am behind the camera I have to adjust to the left. 1 or 2 mm. I go tray it. Thank you both.

Johan.

-------------
J.G.

Message posted by smooth on January-18-2007 at 10:53pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hmm, the HDR ruined your image and makes the colors look wrong. This scene didn't need any HDR treatment anyway (it is perfect daylight).

Don't just do things because others do! No point being a sheep and having color issues because you are following a trend.

Adjusting your NPP will see an improvement with the final stitch.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Johan Gelderloo on January-21-2007 at 3:10pm
Johan Gelderloo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
April-18-2005
30 Posts

Hi Smooth and Dave

Ive tested with a view adjustments. I am not so happy with the results. I thought to find the nodel point. There has been a perfect stitch. When I make in the same position a new shot (after dismount the camera) the stitch is not 100 % anymore.  I tray to be secure as possible to mount the camera in the same position.

I us the ninja pano head. I do not know if it is that important. But when the camera is tilt a little the change to the image will be there. Is this maybe the problem?

Also the top image I can not make. The screw of the pano head is blocking the camera when 90 gr. tilt.

Am I doing something wrong?

Johan

http://www.jgfotografie.nl/Foto/eind.jpg

http://www.jgfotografie.nl/Foto/iend8058.jpg

-------------
J.G.

Message posted by Johan Gelderloo on January-22-2007 at 5:03am
Johan Gelderloo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
April-18-2005
30 Posts

Ive made some other test and this is ok. I am wondering about the option manage stitching parameters. Has this also influence on the image?  

-------------
J.G.

Message posted by smooth on January-22-2007 at 6:59am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Johan,

I'm not sure the D100 is supported for the Nodal Ninja 3 (with the 90 degree tilt up) Regardless you don't need the up shot 90+ % of the time. Simply cube the image and clone & heal the zenith area. The patch is quite small.

Looking at your examples (stitching wise) you have got it pretty much perfect. You must remember that the Nodal Ninja 3 in not a precision panohead and removing and replacing the camera will knock things out ever so slightly. But this is no big deal really. Tilting the camera up 5 to 10 degrees with help you close the zenith hole.

The stitching parameters DO influence the stitch and this is something you need to play with in Panoweaver. Test and test again until you find the best settings for your camera/lens set up.

I personally don't thing your main issue now is improving the stitch as it is very good. You should be concentrating on your shooting technique and using your camera to it's optimum. Your images are different colours in these examples. This is a clear indicator that you haven't set your white balance and got your exposures correct across the panorama series of photographs.

Keep at it, your doing well.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Johan Gelderloo on January-22-2007 at 10:10am
Johan Gelderloo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
April-18-2005
30 Posts

Thank you Smooth

Yes you are right. I was not worry about the shooting. Anyway the moment of shooting has been difficult. Outside it was windy and cloudy. From one moment to the other the sun shine and the other moment it is cloudy. So this makes the different colours. Light is chance all the time.

Anny way I go work on it.

Ive seen somewhere the telescope tripod. What is the price of the total equipment I need.

It is very interesting.

Regard Johan

-------------
J.G.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register