Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Spherical Panoramic HDR Images ? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by RemKool on July-01-2005 at 4:46pm
View RemKool's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RemKool Search   Quote RemKool Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RemKool
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-01-2005
8 Posts

Has anyone here created any Spherical Panoramic HDR images?  If so, how many exposures are you bracketing (7 or 9)? Do you use .6 EV steps or 1EV steps?

I'd like to compare notes. Thanks.

My Setup: NIkon D100, Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye, Gitzo 1325 Tripod, Arca Swiss B-1 Ballhead, Really Right Stuff Panning Clamp and Rails. 

Message posted by Gen. Lee on July-01-2005 at 6:39pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Hi RemKool,

You should have a look at this link.

http://www.hdrsoft.com/resources/dri.html

Also have a look at the "examples" link on this page as well.

I have a D70s + Nikkor 10.5mm set up. I have been shooting 1 stop bracket sets starting at 1/1000 and going down to 1/2. This way I can choose which set either 1 stop or 2 stops I want to process. This is time consuming in shooting and in post processing.

I am  looking at doing 2 stop brackets which results in 5 or 6 images. According to the information at the link above HDR works best with sets at 2 stops apart.

Gen. Lee

Message posted by RemKool on July-01-2005 at 6:49pm
View RemKool's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RemKool Search   Quote RemKool Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RemKool
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-01-2005
8 Posts

Hi Gen. Lee,

Thanks for reply and the link. What is your workflow? Nikon Capture NEF - Save as TIFF - Stitch with Panotools -  Photoshop CS2 Merge HDR?

Message posted by Gen. Lee on July-01-2005 at 8:58pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I shoot "Large" jpg at 3008x2000 in size. I don't have time mess with the raw conversion and the 3008x2000 produces a good enough image for me and my clients.

1 stop bracket for 10 images. But I am now doing 2 stop brackets for 5 or 6 images. The important part is to get the correct exposure for windows and move down from there.

I stitch 3 or 4 panos from the original bracket sets using Panoweaver 4.0. You need saved settings to stitch the underexposed sets. In fact you should use the same settings for all the panos or the HDR will be blurry.

Sometimes I HDR the individual frames then stitch one pano. But the most effecient way is to stitch panos first then do HDR.

Photmatrix : HDR then tone mapping.

Touch up in Photoshop

Import back to Panoweaver for publish

Gen. Lee

Message posted by cuetoyou on July-02-2005 at 10:15am
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Just a note, you need a big fat computer if you are going to stitch first then HDR the resulting images (bigger and fatter than mine anyway!). So I have to combine my individual shots first (Photomatix) then generate the pano with the results.

Glenn

Message posted by Gen. Lee on July-02-2005 at 5:40pm
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Hi Cuetoyou,

Believe it or not I am doing the above procedure on a Windows 98, Athlon 800mhz, with 768 megs of ram.

It aint the fasted ant on the hill but it gets the job done. The stitched panos are at 17 megs and I can HDR 5 at once in photomatrix. Takes about 2 - 5 minutes depending on the number of panos to HDR. With only 3 it takes less than 2 minutes.

Now, I will admit that I get system lock ups and I can't run Panoweaver, Photoshop and photomatrix all at the same time. I have to use only one program at a time. So I just developed a workflow where I do all the steps with a program then proceed to the next program steps.

I don't know what would happen if I tried to use RAW. I am sure I am pushing the limit on my system as it is. But I have been tweaking this old broad for a long time and so far she has "put out" LOLOL so to speak.

Just landed a huge pano deal so when that gets done I am getting a new system YEEAAAA.

Gen. Lee

Message posted by cuetoyou on July-03-2005 at 2:13am
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

I can hear the voice of that Scottish engineer from Start Trek in my head "she cannie tek it no more captain!"

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register