Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Photos of paintings Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on March-14-2006 at 3:04pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi,  got a telephone call from a person here in town wanting us to take single images of paintings.  He needed to have high resolution images that you can zoom in on and see the painting details. 

We would make the full size images for zooming, and static thumbnails.

Remember a couple of years ago I found and showed the forum a small free MM Flash thingy called ZoomifyEZ.  Well I think I found a use for it.

Original RAW 8.2mb
Converted to 16bit TIF 30mb
Slice and dice the 16bit Tif with zoomifyEZ resulted in 120 single Tile files 10 - 15kb each.  Turns whole display into a Macromedia Flash.

Visit http://www.360texas.com/painting/painting.htm

Visit http://www.zoomify.com for zoomifyEZ Mac or PC version

By using zoomifyEZ it protects your single image

Other possible use: Archiving durable artwork for insurance purposes

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-15-2006 at 5:20am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi

When talking about image servers adn the opportunity to zoom in, there are also a couple of other opportunities.

E.g. the Danish company called www.yawah.com - this is the technology NASA use - accordingly to their web page at least.

You can also apply their technology to objectphotography. REally interesting. Though I have to admit I dont think there is much of a market for it at this point.

The zoom server is used at a Danish auction house - www.bruun-rasmussen.dk at all of their pieces. It really put it to perspective the opportunities and advantages of this technology. I really think that all online business, and especially the manufactures of goods could benifit from it. Also large online webpages with a lot of images could benifit from it. I would personally love to start with this technology, but as I mentioned I think it would be hard to market. Also it is quite expensive so there is a need for a large investment.

Furthermore you would have to sort out a very specific business strategy. Maybe it would be worth making a simple business plan. What are your thoughts on this sort of technology??

an altertive to www.yawah.com and iseemedia is the free Open Source solutions like this one: http://iipimage.sourceforge.net/

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by spinem on March-17-2006 at 3:17am
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
if he wants really high resolution images you can take two shots and stitch them. that should give 16mp right?

Message posted by ikontus on March-24-2006 at 6:25pm
View ikontus's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ikontus Search   Quote ikontus Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ikontus
Standard Member
Standard Member
Croatia
March-24-2006
2 Posts
HELP!   
I need somebody! help just anybody!
I would like to know how will I resize image of 3 MG to 120 KB and during that time I will not lose sharp and quality of image what I had before?

Message posted by tdmerch on March-24-2006 at 11:05pm
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Hey Dave - I read your post on the Zoomify program back a couple years ago, tried it out and found a number of ways to use the program.  The program works great presenting artwork on the Internet.  You might like to check out a painting I photographed, Zoomified and incorporated into a Virtual Tour I produced using Tourweaver of the Minnesota State Capital.  The painting is of our infamous last governor, ex-pro wrestler, The Body Jesse Ventura.  This portrait was buried in the basement of the capital, I think because the politicians really didnt like him much at all.  Check it out: http://www.tommerchant.com/portrait.html

Tom

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-25-2006 at 12:47am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Ikontus

I use a program called web presenter pro by fred miranda. www.fredmiranda.com

Or else try looking at previous threads there you can find a lot of help with seizing down in steps.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by ikontus on March-25-2006 at 5:48pm
View ikontus's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ikontus Search   Quote ikontus Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ikontus
Standard Member
Standard Member
Croatia
March-24-2006
2 Posts
Thank you Wide-Eyes I will do that

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register