Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: News about the upcoming Panoweaver 4.00 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by jane on March-21-2005 at 5:56am
View jane's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jane Search   Quote jane Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jane
Standard Member
Standard Member

August-31-2004
30 Posts

Hi All,

The new version of Panoweaver, Panoweaver 4.00 is around the corner. The Windows version is expected to be released at the end of this month and the Mac version at the end of April. Here is some information we'd like to inform our customers.
License Policy:
To fight against piracy and better protect Easypano copyright as well as user's interests, we adopt a more strict license policy, which is alike the activation policy of Micromedia's products. Easypano customer have to activate the products to make it fully functional.  You can choose to activate your software either online or offline.
We also allow you to transfer the license to another computer online or offline.
Compatible Equipments:
Panoweaver 4.00 supports more image types than the current edition, including full circular fisheye images, drum type fisheye images as well as full frame fisheye images.
The recommended equipments for capturing full circular fisheye images:

Nikon Coolpix 8700+Nikon FC-E9 Fisheye Lens+Agnos MrotatorB Pano Head+UR-E12 Lens Adapter

Recommended equipments for shooting drum type fisheye images:

Nikon D70/D100 camera+Sigma 8mm f4 EX Circular Fisheye Lens+Manfrotto 303SPH Pano Head

Canon EOS300D/10D/20D+Sigma 8mm f4 EX Circular Fisheye Lens+Manfrotto 303SPH Pano Head

Suggested equipments for capturing full frame fisheye images:

Nikon D70/D100+AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor10.5mmf2.8G ED+Manfrotto 303SPH Pano Head

Main Features:

1)High resolution panorama output up to  10000*5000, even higher.
2)Supporting more image types. Besides full circular fisheye image, the full frame and drum style fisheye images can be imported into Panoweaver. In addition to fisheye stitching, Panoweaver also can stitch the 6 cube faces to a panoramic image for virtual presentation from 3d modeling software, say 3Ds MAX.
3)Supporting more output formats. Output formats includes Panoramic Image, Web Based Java Applet (Easypano FlyVR Player),Web Based ActiveX (Easypano FlyVR Player), QuickTime VR.
4)Optimized Stitching. Panoweaver 4.0 employs a more advanced algorithm. Therefore the auto stitching can generate a flawless panorama. Panoweaver 4.0 can create a high reso pano in a fairly short time. Generally the whole stitching process of 4000*2000 panorama will be finished within 3 min, even shorter. All the stitching parameters can be saved for future use.

Price:

The price for Panoweaver 4.00 is $599.95. Those who have already purchased Panoweaver 3.01 can upgrade directly to the new version, we only charge the upgrading fee. The upgrading fee for Panoweaver 3.01 Standard edition to Panoweaver 4.00 is $500, and the upgrading fee for Panoweaver 3.01 Professional Edition is $300. While those who do not have Panoweaver 3.01 have to pay the full price to get Panoweaver 4.00.

Best regards, Jane.

Message posted by smooth on March-21-2005 at 8:38am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Official News!

Thanks for letting us know Jane.

I'm sure the questions will start flowing very soon.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by RotoPix on March-21-2005 at 9:39am
View RotoPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RotoPix Search   Visit RotoPix's Homepage www   Quote RotoPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RotoPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-11-2004
79 Posts

Great news. What is the upgrade price from 3.01 Pro? Also, I reformat my system about every 6 months. I'd like to be able to re-install 4.0 without having too much headache with activation. I tend to keep my main workstation offline.

I'm happy about the 10,000 X 5,000 output. That will be important for DSLR work.

Regards,

Brian Jackson

Message posted by marktold on March-21-2005 at 4:04pm
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

I think the update price is set to be 300 USD

Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by marktold on March-21-2005 at 4:43pm
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

I sure hope they have a trial version. because at this price I want to make sure a upgrade is worth it

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by PANO4YOU on March-21-2005 at 10:00pm
View PANO4YOU's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by PANO4YOU Search   Visit PANO4YOU's Homepage www   Quote PANO4YOU Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
PANO4YOU
Standard Member
Standard Member
Singapore
June-14-2004
52 Posts

I hope all the problems adressed in the MAC version are fixed also?!

The price tage is a big step! is doubled.

cheers

Sven

Message posted by jeantet on March-22-2005 at 1:03am
View jeantet's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jeantet Search   Visit jeantet's Homepage www   Quote jeantet Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jeantet
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
March-29-2003
59 Posts

Well, I have Panoweaver installed on my home machine and on my notebook which I use when traveling or on a shoot. I never use both computers simultaneously.

Having to transfer the license back and forth each time I want to use the other machine looks like it's going to be a major hassle.

Of course I'll have to see whether I understand the procedure correctly, but  if it is indeed as I understand it, this may be a deal-breaker for me.

Anybody else have a comment on this issue?

-------------
Robert Jeantet
www.sav.org
www.alpage.net
www.spherivue.com
www.webalpa.net/spheres
etc...

Message posted by smooth on March-22-2005 at 3:35am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Robert,

You are technically not allowed to so what you are doing at the moment anyway.

You are required to own more than one license. Maybe Easypano could offer a deal for a second or third license for registered customers?

Home - Office - Laptop

Registration of Panoweaver 4.0 license will be restricted to one computer only (per license). But you can go online and de-register you home computer and move the registration to your laptop and then back again pretty easily (but you must be online) for convenience! Once you de-register one computer it places the program back to trial mode and leaves waters marks. Once you switch the registration back again the watermarks are gone. So at least you do not have to un-install the whole program.

I quite like the system. At least you are 100% legally using the software license on any computer at any one time. Like a license in your pocket!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by newb on March-22-2005 at 4:04am
View newb's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by newb Search   Quote newb Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
newb
Standard Member
Standard Member

January-16-2005
17 Posts

So, how exactly does this transfer of license work?

Say, I have the program installed at the office computer. At the end of the day, do I have to transfer the license before leaving the office so when I go home I can install the license on my home computer and vice versa? Do you have to be online every time you start the program so it can check some license server?

Message posted by phoenixrising on March-22-2005 at 6:49am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

I just tested PW4 beta.

• Nice GUI
  • very good stiching
  • I do however miss manual adjustment... however, I assume that by selecting points I'll be able to ensure correct aligenment. That manual adjustment is missing is a pity though...

I'll try a 4 and 6 shot later on in the day and will see what happens.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register