Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Can I print out viewed part of pano? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ronnybs on March-21-2005 at 3:34pm
View ronnybs's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ronnybs Search   Quote ronnybs Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ronnybs
Standard Member
Standard Member
Norway
November-17-2003
16 Posts

Hi all!

I am working on a possible project where the customer needs to make a print out of what can be seen in the current viewer. I really have no clue on how to solve this, but I am playing with some thoughts:

• Can I find some converter of some kind that can create a new image file based on the current settings in the viewer?
  • Could I, when print is initiated, create a new single pop up window only showing the selected area, and programme som print functions from this window?
  • Are there any other free tools I can use to print the panorama, well, actually print the flattened result?

It could very well be that this is no big deal and that there already excists a perfect solution to my problem. I hope that I was able to describe my problem clearly enough. I hope that anyone that have som idea or suggestion can give my a hint  Any tip is welcome!

Ronny

Message posted by jeantet on March-21-2005 at 6:53pm
View jeantet's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jeantet Search   Visit jeantet's Homepage www   Quote jeantet Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jeantet
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
March-29-2003
59 Posts

Would a screen capture of your panorama would provide what you want?

Many programs allow this, I personally like to use Compupic (from www.photodex.com) to make the capture and crop the image. One can also print directly from that program.

Since the program captures the actual screen, your file will be small, which does raise questions about printing quality.

http://www.sav.org/misc/screencapture2.jpg

The picture above is the complete view of the panorama as seen within a web page.
You can of course, with the screen capture, save and print the entire screen (the  entire active browser window, including address bar, icons, and edges).

I hope this answers your question, I'm not really quite sure if that is what you want!

cheers

-------------
Robert Jeantet
www.sav.org
www.alpage.net
www.spherivue.com
www.webalpa.net/spheres
etc...

Message posted by ronnybs on March-22-2005 at 6:59am
View ronnybs's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ronnybs Search   Quote ronnybs Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ronnybs
Standard Member
Standard Member
Norway
November-17-2003
16 Posts

Hi, Robert!

Thank you for responding.

I could of cource have mentioned that screen capture is not an option, since this must be an automatic action. So I am very sorry that your suggestion is my answer. The user wants to print what he/she can see right there in the viewer. My wish is that I could create a image file (flattened) and show this image in a pop up window so that the user can accept or reject the outcome.

Ronny

Message posted by VT360 on March-22-2005 at 12:15pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

You can have thumbnails of the different areas of the pano.

When they click on a particular thumbnail, a larger view window pops up.

Perhaps you can divide each pano into 6 thumbnails which are displayed under the rotating pano.

Message posted by ronnybs on March-22-2005 at 12:24pm
ronnybs
Standard Member
Standard Member
Norway
November-17-2003
16 Posts

Hi VT360!

Sorry but I have to be able to print what I am actually seeing in the viewer. Could be that the user has zoomed in, and want to print this.

This seems to be more tricky than I hoped...

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register