Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: 8800+FCE9 vs D70+Sigma 8mm vs D70+10.5? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by kazesoze on March-22-2005 at 9:23am
View kazesoze's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kazesoze Search   Quote kazesoze Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kazesoze
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-27-2004
15 Posts

Hi,

I have started off with nikon 4300 with FC-E8 using the iPIX setup. I toyed with D70+FCE9+MrotatorB, however, I did not like the way the lens and the FCE9 were joined together with the foam bit.

Given that easypano is coming out with version 4.0 of their software. I would like to move to a different level. So which one would be best to start off with?

-Nikon 8800+FCE9

-D70+Sigma 8mm

-D70+Nikkor 10.5

I would like to achieve the best quality.

Which is the would be the best setup ?

Thank you for your input.

kazesoze.  

Message posted by smooth on March-22-2005 at 10:07am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The Nikon D70 + 10.5mm Fisheye is better buy - by a country mile.

Used with Panoweaver 4.0 you will be over the moon.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by marktold on March-22-2005 at 10:31am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Smooth

Am I correct that the D70 + 10.5 mm Fisheye will need 6 + 2 for full 360 x 180 panos?

Ever on ICQ soon?

Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by smooth on March-22-2005 at 11:59am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by marktold on March-22-2005

Smooth

Am I correct that the D70 + 10.5 mm Fisheye will need 6 + 2 for full 360 x 180 panos?

Ever on ICQ soon?

Markus

Yes that would be correct.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by phoenixrising on March-22-2005 at 12:03pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Now i'm a tad confused... so we'll need a 6+2 for a 180x360 image with D70 and nikkor 10.5mm... I didn't think that PW4 could deal with that.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by smooth on March-22-2005 at 12:27pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Better get back to reading then Robert!

Yes, it can deal with that.

Wack your CP4500 into F2 mode (this will be similar) and test it out!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by kazesoze on March-23-2005 at 12:06am
View kazesoze's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kazesoze Search   Quote kazesoze Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kazesoze
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-27-2004
15 Posts

Dear Smooth,

Thank you for your input.

Which of the Agnos panoheads would you recommend that I use? or Should I use something else with D70 + 10.5mm setup?

Which tripod would you recommend as well?

Thank you.

kazesoze

Message posted by smooth on March-23-2005 at 12:28am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Kazesoze,

I would recommend the Agnos QuicklyQTCubic for this set up. But it might be worth waiting for the soon to be released Agnos MrotatorT.

As for the tripod I like and use the Velbon Sherpa 600n but Manfrotto and Gitzo also make very good tripods. But sure it can handle the weight and that it is of good quality.

I 100% would be using a Manfrotto #222 or #322 pistol grip levelling head.

Manfrotto = Bogen in the USA. (different part #'s)

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by kazesoze on March-23-2005 at 12:45am
kazesoze
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-27-2004
15 Posts

Dear Smooth,

Thank you again.

Do you mean MrotatorR or MrotatorT? and "Fra pochi giorni" should have been "Fra pochi settimane o mesi "

For 6+2 shots, you would take 6 shots at 60 degree angles, correct? and how would you take the the other 2 for the ground and sky without losing your position? Would this produce a spherical image or cylinderical?

Thank you again.

Kazesoze.

Message posted by marktold on March-23-2005 at 3:18am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

I talked to the Agno's yesterday and he said that the MrotatorT should be ready in 2-3 weeks. If I understood it correct. My Italien is not really the best.

Regards
Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register