Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: What am I doing wrong? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ecodevoman on March-24-2005 at 12:22am
View ecodevoman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ecodevoman Search   Quote ecodevoman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ecodevoman
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2004
32 Posts

Based on recomendations from this forum, I purchased a Nikon Coolpix 8800, Agnos mRotator, EC-F9 and a UR-E18 adapter. The combo was supposed to take nice 183 degree shots. I'm using the recommended pano setting on the camera.

But when I try to stitch the two hemisphers together in panoweaver, they don't seam properly. Manual adjustment doesn't make any difference. It seems like I'm not getting enough coverage for the software to match the hemispheres. There doesn't be any adjustment through the camera that can compensate.

Here are two sample images...

http://www.runningyproperty.com/0-dock.jpg

http://www.runningyproperty.com/180-dock.jpg

Can anyone get these to seam properly? Is it just me, or is there something wrong with the equipment? Now what do I do?

Related question. Is there currently a good tool for photoshop that allows one to modify the 180s and full sphere, then convert it back for use in panoweaver?

Thanks,

Eco

Message posted by smooth on March-24-2005 at 1:53am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You must use three shots with this camera and lens set up. Panoweaver Pro 3.01 or the soon to be released Panoweaver 4.0

This has been covered many times before.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by spinem on March-24-2005 at 4:45am
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
I just tried two other different stitchers. Got almost great results. I noticed one thing though... the picture is not really circular... its rather ellipse. And thats the cause of the black line you'll see in the following examples.

Stitcher 1: http://www.3sixty.in/dock.htm

And I know Smooth will hate me for this... Stitcher 2: http://www.3sixty.in/dock2.htm

:\

I did try to squeez the original pictures in photoshop, Got better results.

Good luck.

Message posted by spinem on March-24-2005 at 4:46am
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
And by the way, the first picture was stitched automatically, maybe in manual stitching better results can be achived.

Message posted by ecodevoman on March-25-2005 at 12:24am
View ecodevoman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ecodevoman Search   Quote ecodevoman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ecodevoman
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2004
32 Posts

Hmmm...the point of getting this configuration was to do it in two shots. Why won't a 183 degree lense with this camara work for a 2 shot pano? And if it is eliptical, is that a flaw in the lens, or the mount?

Isn't this lens setup overkill for the intention of a 3 shot pano?

I tried doing a 3 shot and it was a complete nightmare to line up correctly in panoweaver. More suggestions?

Message posted by smooth on March-25-2005 at 1:55am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Complete nightmare? Couldn't be simpler!

The reason the Coolpix 8800 and FC-E9 don't give complete 180°+ coverage is because the CP8800 lens starts at 35mm and not 24mm or 28mm like most other previous Coolpix cameras. The elliptical part would be the fault of the camera mated to this combination not the lens or the mount.

Photobill is using this set up 3 shot with great results.

Where exactly is it where you have a problem with three shot stitching?

The bottom line is the CP8800 and FC-E9 will never do successful two shot fisheye panorama's.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by ecodevoman on March-25-2005 at 10:33am
ecodevoman
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2004
32 Posts

Would an 8700 solve this problem?

Message posted by smooth on March-25-2005 at 11:21am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Most likely!

But the Coolpix 8400 would be a better camera.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by newb on March-25-2005 at 2:16pm
View newb's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by newb Search   Quote newb Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
newb
Standard Member
Standard Member

January-16-2005
17 Posts
I have the Coolpix 8400 and FC-E9 and have not been able to get a good pano from 2 shots. Three shots works fine. If you're using the MrotatorB I don't see taking an additional shot as a big deal. It may take an extra 30 sec (if that) and you'll get great results.

Message posted by phoenixrising on March-26-2005 at 4:41am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Apart from that... you'll always get a better image with 3 shots then with 2. I use CP4500 FC-E8 combo. Fact is that fisheye lenses get fairly soft towards the edges and therefore useing a 3 shot and the middle 120deg will always improve you end results.

Oh yes.... and for those unsure over the ip*x issue... this should/may also ensure that u overcome any possible patent issues... well at least thats the schoool of thought.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register