Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Interior Panos Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by far181 on April-04-2005 at 10:01am
View far181's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by far181 Search   Quote far181 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
far181
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-04-2005
1 Posts

Hello all,

I am attempting to create panos of interiors using a Nikon D70 and a fisheye lens. I continually get hot spots from the flash and the lighting is uneven. Has anyone ever done this without using a low f stop or shutter speed or setting up studio lighting. Thank you.

Message posted by spinem on April-04-2005 at 2:59pm
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
i think u should use AE lock or something.

Message posted by 360texas on April-04-2005 at 8:26pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

IF the D70 menu system has an AE lock... then that is a good idea.  To date.. I have not had any D70 owner return a specific answer regarding that AE lock menu item.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by jeantet on April-04-2005 at 11:47pm
View jeantet's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jeantet Search   Visit jeantet's Homepage www   Quote jeantet Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jeantet
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
March-29-2003
59 Posts

you should not use flash with a fisheye lens; the area illuminated by the flash is far smaller than the area captured by the lens, with resultant "hot spots".

Set the camera in manual mode so that exposure is consistent fromshot to shot, and turn off the flash!

-------------
Robert Jeantet
www.sav.org
www.alpage.net
www.spherivue.com
www.webalpa.net/spheres
etc...

Message posted by spinem on April-05-2005 at 12:26am
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by 360texas on April-04-2005

IF the D70 menu system has an AE lock... then that is a good idea. To date.. I have not had any D70 owner return a specific answer regarding that AE lock menu item.

Dave

you told me over PM that you have D70, Right? I'm sure it came with a manual ;)

wait a minute... you didn't say D70!
Whats your camera btw? i think i've read somewhere saying Canon or something

Message posted by marktold on April-05-2005 at 6:46am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

The D70 has a AE-L, AE-F Lock button on the body of the camera right next to the viewfinder.

Go to the menu of your D70 Go to the tab with the pencil and choose menu item 15.

You might have to switch the menus to advanced mode and make sure the item 15 is set to EA Lock.

Hard to explain, since I have a german manual.

But howerver. Take your D70 Manual. Look at the pictures of the camera. On the backside to the right of the viewfinder is the button AE-L, AF-L with the corresponding pagenumber of the manual.

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by 360texas on April-05-2005 at 9:43am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Far181,  while I have not tried this yet,  I found a nice feature on my Canon 580EX speed light that might exist on other speed light flash devices.  Our 580 has a setting that diffuses or softens the burst of light across and to fill a broad area. 

And by tilting the head up to the ceiling.. it provides a good light bounce.  Of course your distance to the floor object must be measured from speedlight to ceiling to object and back to the lens in order to have the camera  fire at the correct delay time.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by lightday on April-17-2012 at 10:08pm
View lightday's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by lightday Search   Visit lightday's Homepage www   Quote lightday Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
lightday
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
April-17-2012
1 Posts
Download a software to lock is better.

-------------
studio lighting
camera flash

Message posted by leescott on April-18-2012 at 10:44am
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
If the D70 can do Bracketing then I would suggest that route

Here is a link to the Manual for the D70 D70 Manual

Here's a link to a nice step by step process for Bracketing
D70 Bracketing Step-by-step

Bracketing in essence will allow you to take 3,4,5 pictures of the same location with different exposures and thn you will need to merge the pics together like
  • TuFuse
  • Photomatix Pro 4.0.2 (64-bit)
  • Oleneo
  • Easy Hdr

Just to name a few.
And if you want to look into the Promote Control Device
What you gain from bracketing is a awesome Picture blended with outside and inside perfection

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by Brazil_Business on April-19-2012 at 7:39pm
View Brazil_Business's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brazil_Business Search   Visit Brazil_Business's Homepage www   Quote Brazil_Business Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brazil_Business
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
December-13-2011
110 Posts
I use photomatix 3.2 64 bit

Exposure levels 0.7 1.0 1.3 1.7

nikon d5100 semi pro camera sigma fish eye lens, Nodel Ninja

But is just practise to get the results you want.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register