Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: 360precision head Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by srst on April-13-2005 at 1:55am
View srst's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by srst Search   Quote srst Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
srst
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
April-13-2005
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I just found out about this head and its perfect for my D70. How come there is not a lot of talk about this head since most people use a D70 + 10.5mm lens?

Questions:

1. Are the heads made for specific cameras+lens so you wouldn't need to find the nodal point?

2. Is there anything holding the camera besides the screw under it? If the screw became loose, the camera would tilt down and lose it's nodal point. (example: A needle is at 9 o'clock, then drops to 6 from a loose screw.)

3. Is it compatible with PW4? (most likely yes)

Link to site: www.360precision.com

~Don

Message posted by smooth on April-13-2005 at 4:52am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Don,

The 360precision panohead is very well constructed and will work with Panoweaver 4.0

As for the Nikon D70 + 10.5mm being the most popular this is not quite true at this stage, but is gaining in popularity. It is a good combination.

The 360precision panohead does have a tilt limiter to hold in position and avoid camera tilt. The 360precision panohead is camera specific although you can upgrade certain parts should you upgrade your camera or change brands.

The other reason you here little about it here is the cost. 540 pounds, $1025 USD, $1300+ AUD, $1265 CAD all plus country duties/taxes and then you have freight charges.

Quality product but you have to pay for it.

As an alternative you could look at the new www.agnos.com MrotatorT series.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by use2bkewl on March-25-2006 at 12:31am
View use2bkewl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by use2bkewl Search   Quote use2bkewl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
I have heard that using the d70/nikkor 10.5mm/360precision along with panoweaver4 produces unsatisfactory stitching results. I have read it on this board I already purchased 4 for this reason but now afraid it will only work with sigma 8. Has this been corrected that you know of Smooth?

Message posted by use2bkewl on March-25-2006 at 11:35am
View use2bkewl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by use2bkewl Search   Quote use2bkewl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
Oh yes And what is the most pop combo for a D70 I just bought a D70 a few mins ago and was going for the 10.5mm Nikkor if panoweaver now supports it if not then the Siggy8. What is the most popl combination? Wow I asked twice sorry. Oh yeah my original question I cant afford 1000 on 360 precision. What is the next best in your opinion I would want to keep it simple and always setup like my rotatora and -e8.
Which I did get after youi recommended and it works great thanks.

Message posted by smooth on March-25-2006 at 11:43am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I personally totally recommend the www.agnos.com MrotatorTCPS it will work perfectly well with both the Nikkor 10.5mm and the Sigma 8mm Fisheye lenses. Also you have the advantage of being able to upgrade your camera without having to replace or upgrade your panohead.

You might note the price is also a lot better.

It gets my vote!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by martyhr on March-25-2006 at 4:13pm
View martyhr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by martyhr Search   Visit martyhr's Homepage www   Quote martyhr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
martyhr
Standard Member
Standard Member
Czech Republic
August-17-2004
20 Posts
Hi,
I bought Agnos Short for my D70s+10,5,After couple months I have bought 360precision and I can say that I am more than satisfied with my new head.
With Agnos I had to find nodal point first and than I found little movement of Agnos during rotation. I had to correct stitched pics every time. Especially in small room in the interior.
With 360 I can simply shoot and stich. Nothing more. Sometimes a little correction in Photoshop but very little.
Regards
Martin

-------------
Martin

Message posted by use2bkewl on March-26-2006 at 12:31am
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
Thanks smooth and Martyhr. I am goining to go with 360 after all. but ouch it hurts a it but better to take the punch all at once I guess huh. Smooth you were right on the mrotoa for me perfect nodality it was worth it.
But have you heard anyhting about the 10.5 Nikkor being tuff for panoweaver 4?

Message posted by smooth on March-26-2006 at 1:22am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Only when fitted to the 360Precision. That was covered on the forum some time back.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register