Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: publishing panoramas on the web - help Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by cuetoyou on April-28-2005 at 6:09am
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts
Hi all

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my head around what to do for the following scenario. Any help would be much appreciated. I have done a search in this forum but I can't see anything.

I want to supply PW panos (not TW virtual tours, just single 360x180 panoramas) to a 3rd party website, lets say they list houses for sale or rent. They do not currently offer VT's but are interested and have asked me some questions about implementing this in their listings on the site.

Firstly they have asked me to email them a couple of examples of panos that I have done for them to look at. I'm having trouble with my website at the moment so I don't want to give them my address just yet. I imagine if I zip up the published files and the Scene folder and email that to them, all they need to do is extract the zip file to a folder on their computer and then double click on the HTML document? That right? I have tested this out emailing the zip to myself and it works. Just want to be sure I'm not doing anything silly.

Secondly, I have told them that a sub 150k pano is fine for viewing on the web and so people with non-broadband connections can also easily view a tour. But what I don't really understand as yet is, when someone wants to view a VT over the web, of course the Scene JPEG has to be downloaded (lets say it's 150k), but do the other files also get downloaded (the JAR file, Skin_xxxx.zip etc). If so then for a 150k pano the person viewing it has to download 600k or so. Please tell me that this is not the case

In a perfect world this company I am talking to will go for this and I would host all the tours. Then for each advert for a house for sale/rent on their site there will be a link ("Click here for tour of kitchen" etc. The pano would then be downloaded via my server to their screen. I'm sure this is done all the time, but is it rocket science? Any info regarding good ways to do this will be most welcome.

Right thats enough I think, thanks for reading.
Glenn

Message posted by phoenixrising on April-28-2005 at 7:15am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Have a look at PT viewer/sticher. This is Easypanos other viewer/tour maker. It allows you to add hotspots to panos/photos/urls and has a small 12kb jar file. Each pano gets downloaded by request and the skin including controls need only be 10-12kb large. You'll be able to open the pano directly in the clients page. Oh yes... PT viewer/sticher is quite cheap at around $50.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by cuetoyou on April-28-2005 at 7:46am
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Thanks Phoenix. I don't think that for the scenario I have outlined above I will be needing hotspots, links etc. Probably just one or two links per advert, such as "Click here to see the kitchen", "Click here to see the pool area". At which point I would like new browser window to open (at the right size preferably) and the appropriate 360x180 pano to play.

Is it possible to do this just using the files output by PW 4.0 or do I need to use PTviewer (or Tourweaver)? Bearing in mind that I want to minimise what is downloaded to the computer of the person viewing the panorama.

Thanks
Glenn

Message posted by VT360 on April-28-2005 at 1:55pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

1.you need the html file that pw gives you. ex.  pano_kitchen.html

on this html file, edit and put a link to pano_pool.html

2. you need the html file that pw gives you. ex.  pano_pool.html

on this html file, edit and put a link to pano_kitchen.html

3.upload ptviewer.jar

4. upload the pano images (kitchen.jpg and pool.jpg)

upload all of the above in the same directory  www.yoursite.com/directory/

then you can view the pano at www.yoursite.com/directory/pano_kitchen.html

and view www.yoursite.com/directory/pano_pool.html

-----

now you can send the links to your clients to see.

when you have accomplished all the above,

let me know and ill give you the code so that the window

opens to the perfect size you want.

Message posted by cuetoyou on April-28-2005 at 3:51pm
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Mr VT360

Top information, should do exactly what I need. I do have one slight issue though. Every panorama I publish results in a jpeg file in the "Scene" directory called "pano". I don't see a way in PW to change the name of the output "Scene" jpeg. So I am stuck on your step 4 "4. upload the pano images (kitchen.jpg and pool.jpg)", because I may have produced 20 panos, but every one's jpeg is called "pano"! If I manually change the name to something else, then of course the panorama no longer plays in the HTML doc.

Can you advise please???

Thanks
Glenn

Message posted by VT360 on April-28-2005 at 4:11pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

rename the pano.jpeg needs to  kitchen.jpeg 

the pano_kitchen.html  must be edited by hand and change pano.jpeg to kitchen.jpeg

you can open yout html file in notepad then look for where it says "pano.jpeg" and change  to "kitchen.jpeg"

---------------------

upload kitchen.jpeg

upload pano_kitchen.html

Message posted by cuetoyou on April-28-2005 at 5:15pm
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

There is no reference to pano.jpeg / pano.jpg in any HTML file generated by PW4.0. Thats why I am so perplexed??? I think the reference to pano.jpeg must be embeded in the "config" file which resides in the Skin zip file. I am probably wrong, BUT if I am right can I edit this? If so how?

Any ideas?

Thanks for your prompt reply VT.
Glenn

Message posted by VT360 on April-28-2005 at 8:22pm
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Can you paste the html generated by pw4?

Look in the html generated for something like this

<PARAM NAME=file value="LOOK HERE for pic name.jpg">

-------------------------------------^

Message posted by smooth on April-29-2005 at 1:14am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Panoweaver 4.0 outputs the same as Tourweaver it does not use PTViewer but rather Easypano's own viewer.

Here is the sample applet html code

<applet
codebase  = "."
archive   = "twviewer.jar"
code      = "com.easypano.tw.TWViewer.class"
name      = "TWViewer"
width     = "640"
height    = "480"
hspace    = "0"
vspace    = "0"
mayscript = "true"
>
<PARAM name = iniFile    value = "Config.tx1">
<PARAM name = skin.bgcolor    value = "255, 255, 255">
<PARAM name = skin.waitingimg   value = "Skin/waiting.gif">
<PARAM name = skin.archive    value = "Skin_pano1.zip">
<PARAM name = skin.archive.itemnum  value = "27">
<PARAM name = progress.color   value = "58, 110, 165">
<PARAM name = progress.bounds   value = "160, 360, 320, 20">
<PARAM name = comappletname   value = "UserApplet1">
</applet>

The outputted files consist of the following:

• Scene (folder) contents = pano.jpg
  • Skin_nameofpanorama.zip contents = menubar images & Config.tx1 file
  • twviewer.jar
  • nameofpanorama.html (sample .html page)
  • getsunjava.gif (for download link on sample .html page)

Tourweaver is designed to be the software for linking and making the tour. That said, there is no reason why you couldn't just make multiple .html pages with different panoramas and link them via hyperlinks. You could quite easily make a template main page and have the viewer display via an iframe.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by ciconia on April-29-2005 at 4:25am
View ciconia's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ciconia Search   Visit ciconia's Homepage www   Quote ciconia Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ciconia
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
October-07-2003
60 Posts

Hi, cuetoyou,

If you want to keep it simple:

Stitch your panorama and save the result to a jpg file as usual.

Open your html editor and make a new blank page.

Insert the following code into the body of this page, between <body> and </body>:

<APPLET archive = "ptviewer.jar" code = "ptviewer.class" width = 300 height = 250>

<PARAM name = file value = mypano.jpg>

<PARAM name = auto value = 0.2>

<PARAM name = fov value = 80>
</Applet>

Replace mypano.jpg by the name of your own pano. Change width and height to the values you prefer, change auto (autorotation) to your prefered value and also fov (field of view).

Save this HTML page in a folder together with ptviewer.jar and your panorama file. If you click the html document, the pano will be shown in your webbrowser. If you present it at the web, the only files which will be downloaded by the visitor are: your jpg file (150 kB), your html file (2 kB), ptViewer.jar (28 kB).

If you want to send some examples to a customer: Use a software like "HTML Executable" to pack all files into one exe-file. This can be sent via eMail to your customer. When he doubleclicks the file, it will be automatically unpacked into a temporary folder (he will not notice this), and your pano will be shown in his webbrowser.

-------------
Holger Schulz, photoaround
http://www.photoaround.de

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register