Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Need Help Stitching Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Zoomer911 on May-07-2005 at 9:52am
View Zoomer911's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Zoomer911 Search   Quote Zoomer911 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Zoomer911
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-26-2002
13 Posts
I need help stitching.
My Camera is a coolpix 4500 Kadian Rotator and a Nikon EC-8 fisheye set at F1 on both camera and slide on the rotator
When I take a picture using the 2 shot pano fisheye it works fine however when I switch to get a 3 shot pano all goes wrong
I have posted the images on both 2 and 3 shot for download at
www.florida5star.com/needpanohelp

Message posted by VT360 on May-07-2005 at 5:18pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

What panoweaver version are you using?

Are you sure that your 3 shots are equally spaced out?

Message posted by mediaPix on May-07-2005 at 7:13pm
View mediaPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mediaPix Search   Visit mediaPix's Homepage www   Quote mediaPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mediaPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-19-2004
69 Posts

Hi Zoomer,

It's a simple case of stiching the images in the wrong order.

Image 1: rename image 2. Image 2: rename image 1. Image three stays the same. Then reload into PW image1,2,3. This will do the trick.

When importing images into PW you must import the 3 Images as they were shot

Regards mediaPix

Message posted by Zoomer911 on May-07-2005 at 11:26pm
View Zoomer911's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Zoomer911 Search   Quote Zoomer911 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Zoomer911
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-26-2002
13 Posts
Media They were shot in that exact order I renamed the pics and it worked
I found out that my lens needs to be further forward but I found out another weird thing with both PW 3 and 4 if I take the pictures rotating clockwise they stich fine if I rotate the camera ccw they dont stitch worth a darn
I know it sounds weird but I will post some more images later so you can see whats going on

Message posted by smooth on May-08-2005 at 3:26am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Rotation is meant to be done clockwise!

If you go anti-clockwise you will either have to select the order manually in Panoweaver (each photo) or rename to files so they are picked up in a clockwise selection with Panoweaver.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Zoomer911 on May-08-2005 at 9:33pm
Zoomer911
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-26-2002
13 Posts
Smooth is this in the PW manual if not it would be a good thing because I never knew about it

Message posted by smooth on May-09-2005 at 12:58am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Zoomer911,

Mate, I rarely read manuals! But if you look at the graphics of the program it shows position 1, 2 and 3 and these are in a clockwise rotation.

I think at sometime we have all fallen for this or got confused with photo's taken in an anti-clockwise rotation.

Anti-clockwise is required sometimes when doing three shots where you might need to follow the traffic flow etc. In this case you need only remember to rename the images by swapping image two with image three and vise versa.

Anti clockwise = 1.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg

Clockwise = 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

So as you can see 1.jpg is correct in both series and if you change the second and third picture names around you will have the correct sequence for use with Panoweaver.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register