Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: 360Precision vs MrotatorTCPS? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by kazesoze on May-14-2005 at 9:13am
View kazesoze's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kazesoze Search   Quote kazesoze Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kazesoze
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-27-2004
15 Posts

Hi all,

I have D70 and intend to get 10.5mm lens. If cost is not an issue, should I go for the 360Precision instead of the MrotatorTCPS?

Thanks.

kazesoze.

Message posted by Willem on May-14-2005 at 1:42pm
View Willem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Willem Search   Visit Willem's Homepage www   Quote Willem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Willem
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
July-05-2002
26 Posts

The same story here

Just bought a D70 and next week i'll recieve a nikkor 10.5mm
Just need a good rotator. Can someone help me out here

Kazesoze, the 360Precision looks great, but did you look at the 303sph manfrotto ?

Please, keep me posted

Willem

Message posted by cuetoyou on May-14-2005 at 4:27pm
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts
I have a D70 & 10.5mm and I bought a Manfrotto 303SPH. I would advise you not to make the same mistake as me! If I could turn the clock back I would get a 360Precision (I can't comment on the Agnos, though I know it is liked by members of this forum). If I had bought the 360Precision I would have no nodal point set up problems, which should not be underestimated.

Glenn

Message posted by kazesoze on May-15-2005 at 3:38am
View kazesoze's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kazesoze Search   Quote kazesoze Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kazesoze
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-27-2004
15 Posts

Hi,

The MrotatorTCPS is 320 euros, while the 360Precision is about 763 euros. There is a price difference.  I still don't get the concept of the nodal point, and  as Glenn said, getting the nodal point right is an issue. I guess the 360Precision is for those who want to just take the shot and not have to mess around with the nodal point. I guess the price for peice of mind is 443 euros. How many shots would one need to recover that investment?

kazesoze.

Message posted by Gen. Lee on May-23-2005 at 3:31am
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I am going with a MrotatorTCP for my D70s set up and the MrotatorA for my coolpix 5000 set up. I have never  used either one however I like the Agons specs and have handled one before. The crafsmanship is exellent.

You have to set the nodal point with the angos TCP the first time but after that you can lock it down with the Manfretto mount supplied with the kit. Finding the nodal point should not be that hard. It may take a few tries but it is not impossible.

Kazesoze mentioned "recovering investment" for the higher priced precision. The difference is about US $575.

I am curious just how many panos others would have to shoot? For me that would be one project of 6 or more images. But for me I do this for a living so I look at it as an investment over time.

You can't go cheap with your tools. If you inspect the tools of any great craftsman you will find they are of the highest quality.   Good tools = a better looking pano. If you are doing panos for profit I think your tools should be of the best quality. It will  make the job easier and look better in the end. That means more business.

But then I have seen examples of home made pano heads with execellant results so your tools don't have to be expensive, they just have to work.

I guess it's like the old saying...you get what you pay for. At leaset that is what I tell my clients. LOL.

Message posted by pixelator on May-23-2005 at 4:32pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
360 precision, locked in to that specific camera set up. Update camera or lens new head required.  Long wait and big money.  Has smooth received 360 precision head yet? 

Message posted by Gen. Lee on May-23-2005 at 4:40pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts
Ahhhh very good point I did not know

Message posted by smooth on May-24-2005 at 2:06am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by pixelator on May-23-2005
360 precision, locked in to that specific camera set up. Update camera or lens new head required.  Long wait and big money.  Has smooth received 360 precision head yet? 

Umm, NO! and I'm not holding my breath.

Do yourself a favour and buy from Agnos, we know the product, quality and the service. The price is a lot better also.

Support the people who support the Panoweaver product!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixelator on May-24-2005 at 9:04am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

With what I have read and come to learn by using this forum, finding the nodal point is a big issue with newbies (myself included).  The 360 precision head takes care of that for you.  Only now your locked into that head for some $1,100.00 plus a waiting time of about 4 weeks (so they say) longer for some others.  Go to agnos and mention Smooth for a discount on a quility head (mrotatortcps) for around $485.00.  For that kind of money I am guesing I can find the nodal point  Google "nodal point"  second on the list is http://www.360texas.com/tips/nodalpts.htm Hope to shoot first pano at weeks end, at which time I will be really looking for some help

Message posted by Gen. Lee on May-24-2005 at 4:49pm
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I tried to get the "Smooth" discount but I had already ordered before I mentioned about Smooth recommending Agnos. LOL. It doesn't matter, there product is well worth the money.

I did return a MrotatorB and re-ordered a MrotatorA plus a MrotatoriTCPshort with no problems.

The Agnos Team is very helpful and have answered all of my question promtly.
Smooth knows I can find a question. LOL

So I definitly recommend Agnos. Plus they support panoweaver...

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register