Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: QTVR2Flash Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by yowsiang on May-19-2005 at 6:47am
View yowsiang's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by yowsiang Search   Quote yowsiang Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
yowsiang
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-08-2002
58 Posts
Hi, was wondering has anyone tried this software? it actually converts 360X180 pano to flash. I tried using it but the final products looks so zoom out.

www.qtvr2flash.com

ys

Message posted by smooth on May-19-2005 at 9:44am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Personally I think it is a waste of time and effort. The price is also scary. Results are only average from what I have experienced.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Gen. Lee on May-22-2005 at 11:29pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I checked the demo presentation out at the link provided.

Pretty snazzy presentation. But the 360's were obviously distorted. They looked much like being zoomed out in ptviewer, but the distortion looked a little different.

Very interesting concept.

Flash and 360 pano's is something  alot or people ask about in the flash forums I visit.

I would like to see panoweaver create a flash viewable pano. Or an output format that could be used in a flash movie. I do some flash stuff with SwishMax and the ablility to create a flash based pano presentation sounds very interesting.

There are work arounds to using panos with flash but something integrated would be nice.

The price is high but a presentation like that would command a much higher price. A total flash presentation like the first demo would be in the five to ten thousand dollar range if not more. At least thats what I would charge for something like that regardless of how I produced it.

Seems like I remember Helmut Dersch pano tools having the ability to make presentations that can have hi rez images sort of embedded into a pano so that when you zoom into certain areas of the pano the hi rez image loads into the pano image. And you can make hot spots in the pano where you can set the hi res areas. For me this would be good. I do gulf front homes and conds a lot so being able zoom into a window and have a hi rez image come into view seamlessly would be just awsome. I know it can be done but I have never been able to figure out how to effectively use the tools.
Just found the link- http://home.no.net/dmaurer/%7Edersch/zoom/Zoom.html

Anybody actually done a presentation using the hi rez embedded feature??

Panoweaver 5.0 >>>>>....mabey a flash output.....just wishing. Can i put that on my chrismas list.

Message posted by smooth on May-23-2005 at 1:22am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I think you will see Shockwave instead of Flash. If Macromedia/Adobe figure out how to combine the two formats we will have a winner.

For Hi-Res panorama's check out www.zoomify.com it is the best at what it does all in the best viewer Quicktime.

Hmmm, just checked their website and Zoomify VR is no longer offered? Wonder whats going on there?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on May-23-2005 at 1:54am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Working example of PTZoom here

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Thomas on May-23-2005 at 2:41am
View Thomas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thomas Search   Visit Thomas's Homepage www   Quote Thomas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thomas
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-18-2002
157 Posts
The swf files produced from QTVR2flash are pretty big. If you want to display panos I think www.FlashVR.de is a better choice.

The quality of flash panos is limited to cylindrical panos, and you have to reduce the horizontal field of view.

Flash panos can be a valid offer to let visitors "jump into" 360 panoramas, since Flash is installed with almost any browser. Next step is to advise about the quality and to provide also a link to a Java panorama or a fullscreen Quicktime panorama.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register