Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Your customers and prices Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by WideEyes on May-29-2005 at 6:11pm
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

Hi all

I would love to learn who your customers are - for inspiration - and also what you charge for each panorama. I think it would be great to share theese kind of experiences, and see how it is from country to country.

My customers are currently mostly camping sights and restaurants. I try to keep away from realtors. In Denmark there is a lot of competitors in this segment, so the price is forced below an acceptable level.

Currently my pricestructure is:

1 panorama              200euro

4 panoramas             666euro

Do any of you charge extra for replacing the tripod with the customers logo?? I do, otherwise I use it as a commercial for my company.

Best regards

WideEyes - a newbie trying to improve  

Message posted by Gen. Lee on May-29-2005 at 11:54pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

LOL....Realtors. Thats funny

I stay away from most of them too. In my area there are a lot of properties over 3 milliion so I have a few TOP PRODUCERS that will pay for a "real virtual tour". Commision on a 3 million dollar property for the listing realtor is about $100,000 after the split with the broker. I figure the agent is getting $100,000 dollars then they can afford $500 bucks for a good virtual tour. If they can't pay that I tell them to call I*** and get one of those 4 image tours where you can't see out the windows and the awful seam in the middle. LOL.

You should ALWAYS base your price on what it cost you to produce the product. NEVER base you price on what others are charging. I was having trouble a few years ago selling virtual tours. I doubled my price and stood behind my product. Immediatly I started getting more sales. People want quality and if you can deliver it they will pay. But quality at a cheap price makes people nervous. I am not saying you gouge your clients Iam saying that you charge for what it is worth.

I don't do the $100 I**X  stuff. That is a joke. I don't know how you can make any money at that price range.

In my market I charge about the same as you. That is very intersting.

200 eu equals about $250 us.

For realestate I charge a little less because the images have a limited time of use.

For vacation rentals or Resorts or attractions I charge a lot more becasue the images are being used for much longer.

Realestate stuff is around $750 and vacation rental stuff is around $1000 to $3000 including still shots and web site. This is based on about 6 to 8 images. If its over 10 images then its about $200 for each additional shot.

Put it this way. I don't get my camera out of the bag for less than $75 an hour total from shoot to delivery.

The tripod cap is not negotiable. I always place the tripod cap with my credit in every image I produce. If the client does not want the cap or want to put one in with there logo the Price triples and I am not kidding. If they want to take the credit off I look at it like they were buying the negatives. You have to get credit. I don't trust " a link at the bottom of our page". They will take that off in 2 days. I have been really screwed before with the photo credit and I lost a lot of business because of it. It was a high profile client and I got absolutly no credit and there for no further business from the project. Another shop got the follow up stuff becasue the client represented my work as there own and sent the work to another shop who had "contacts" with  my client. Never again, Unless they pay for the negatives!!!!!!!

Gen. Lee

Message posted by cuetoyou on May-30-2005 at 1:21am
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

My idea for vacation rentals, is to charge one half of the weekly high season rental charge. So, high season a house rents for 1000 Euros p/w. I therefor charge 500 Euros (plus expenses over 35km) for 4 stand alone panos. I do however have a minimum charge of 300 and a max of 1000. If the client wants hotspots, view through the window etc then thats extra. I'm also hoping to persuade most people to let me host the files for them, at 50 Euros per year. That could be good if I eventually host 200 vacation rentals (10,000Euros a year for doing nothing).

Of course I am just starting out and so have not actually been paid for anything yet!! I do have some work based on these charges lined up though.

Good argument from Gen. Lee about tripod caps and branding. I had not thought of it so seriously but I will now.

Cheers
Glenn

Message posted by Thomas on May-30-2005 at 3:08am
View Thomas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thomas Search   Visit Thomas's Homepage www   Quote Thomas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thomas
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-18-2002
157 Posts
For realtor work the mirror from www.eyesee360.com could be a valid alternative to offer a "Low Budget Pano". Their software Photowarp is a masterpiece for the batch conversion of the round mirror pics into panos for Quicktime, PTViewer and FlashVR. Of course cylindrical and low resolution - but also valid if you have moving subjects.

Message posted by Gen. Lee on May-30-2005 at 4:05am
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I have wanted to experiment with one of these for a while now. I think it has uses in certain situations. Especially in crowd scenes. There are situaltions where you can't use a rotator. For example I have wanted to capture a pano image from a parasail. Impossilbe with a rotator setup but with the one shot you coud do it.

For cheap realtor stuff...heck a 2 shot hemi with an old 995 will do.

Message posted by smooth on May-30-2005 at 12:54pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I have a 0-360 one shot lens and the results for budget tours/panos is OK. If you pay me peanuts this is what you get. www.smooth360.com/oneshot

These were shot with a Nikon Coolpix 5000 + 0-360 One Shot Lens with some post production work in Photoshop (Sharpening etc.)

Usable but you wouldn't want to display any bigger than this.

You get 6 stills + 4 Panos 12 months hosting + Memory CD on sale for $399.00 AUD + GST10%

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Gen. Lee on May-30-2005 at 1:40pm
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Hi Smooth,

I checked your link out. YIKES....I see what you mean about peanuts. hehehe..

The quality is not up there with a 3 shot FC-E8 for sure. Why is the quality so bad? Is it seems to me the one shot should make a better pano than that.

I am assuming it is their unwarping software. I guess the algorythms used to unwarp the image need to be improved.

Of course you are capturing the entire scene on one shot which means the optics have to compress the WHOLE image onto the CCD in one exposure. No doubt you are going to loose detail this way.

Smooth, can you increase the quality any on post production or is that as good as it gets...peanuts aside.

Gen. Lee

Message posted by smooth on May-30-2005 at 2:07pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

ROFL

That is improved! LOL

Mate you are taking a picture of a mirror reflection.

They are bad but I seen worse offered up by many Realtors from all over the world.

The unwrapping is not bad in fact it works just fine! Believe me when I tell you one shot lenses don't come any better than the 0-360 and what you see on my site is indicative of fair to good results.

I offer it only for those who want a cheap virtual tour to sell their house and aren't willing to pay much. Sales results are good and the customers happy. So they won't win any awards but they fill a price bracket and they are easy cash.

The funny thing is I have had the so called "experts" tell me they can see the stitching seams! LOL

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by ajay on May-30-2005 at 4:00pm
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
Hi
I have a 0-360/Sony F717, nikon 5700/FCE9 & Nikon D70/Sigma 8mm. Whilst I agree about spherical over cylindrical in terms of absolute quality - I do not agree that the 0-360 route gives neccessarily poor quality images. The Sony F717 has a superb Carl Zeiss lens and the quality of image in a 400x300 window is more than fine - it can be excellent!!! and window flare can be addressed using blend/PS as has been discussed here many times.
Where it does fall down is FOV, its ok in confined areas where up/down is restricted anyway, but outside or in large areas like halls/churchs etc it is too restrictive.
The big advantage is that the process is quick and therefore allows for a wider range of work to be undertaken competitivly.
It is also good for crowd scenes, where ONE SHOT means you do not have post production problems in stitching etc.
Alan

-------------
aj

Message posted by VT360 on May-30-2005 at 8:56pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Hey smoothie,

i think your one shots are definetely acceptable. and your right, there's lots of

one shots outhere that are far inferior than yours.

"You get 6 stills + 4 Panos 12 months hosting + Memory CD on sale for $399.00 AUD + GST10%"

in the USA your package easily sells for less than $100. and the market is super competitive.

i like your wednus custom java window...i see other people here (dave) implementing it in the future

on your ptviewer "smooth frame" how does one go about determining the hotspot location so that it matchings the buttons on the smooth frame?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register