Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: cool hotel tour Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by phoenixrising on May-31-2005 at 4:56pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi guys,

I just came back from a few days in Berlin... it was 30 and just great.

I stayed at this great hotel and did a couple of images for myself... got involved in discussions with the owner... and got the deal to do the whole place. The amazing thing about the place is the fact that every room is an artwork in itself. Here's a little taste of things to come. My room was called 4 beams and is dominated by a massive bed. (please note that these are demo shots and that some of the lights are slightly blown out in a couple of the images)

http://www.einfoto.de/einfoto/360/prop/index.html

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by VT360 on May-31-2005 at 7:17pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

pretty cool.

the crazy skin matches the crazy tours

Message posted by Gen. Lee on May-31-2005 at 7:30pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Very unique skin. So where the hot looken babe that should be layen on that bed.......LOL

I know you didn't stay there by yourself....

Seriously, the quality is very good. I see you used tourweaver and twviewer.

Every other time I see a twviewer pano the screen lags. The viewer does not pan smoothly. Yours does pan smoothly.

Mabye it is the size of the pano. I have a 800mhz win98 system. So the bigger panos stress my system out.

What was the setup you used?

Message posted by inter6300 on June-01-2005 at 12:27am
View inter6300's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by inter6300 Search   Visit inter6300's Homepage www   Quote inter6300 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
inter6300
Standard Member
Standard Member
Switzerland
December-16-2004
84 Posts
hey, what a special skin. i like it. :)

can you give me some idea, how you produced it? how you put the skin layer, over the viewer?

regards Markus

Message posted by phoenixrising on June-01-2005 at 9:21am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi guys,

Gen Lee:

• Yeah the babe was there  ... but I thought it best to leave here tied up in the wardrobe...hahahaha.
  • I used CP4500, FCE8, Agnos Mrotator A, PS CS, Noise Ninja (very good for panos), TW, PW.
  • Longtime 8 sec exposure. 3 shot stich. Cam was set to manual, infinity (mountain symbol), f= 8.3. I tend to zoom in until I have an image 140x180. I only took 1 shot each 120 as it's only demo work. Thats why you'll see the lights overexposed. I did some blending work in "essen" and "rezeption".

800MHZ win98... hhmm... I'll guess you only have 256RAM which could be causeing some of the issue. My panos here are only approx 100kb, 750x1500 pixels large in size. I never make panos larger then that (100-200kb) with 300x400 viewer max size. This has proven to be the max size for the most users with the least issues.

Markus:

• Skin... well I took a photo of the sound control unit.
  • In PS I "wrote" on the unit.
  • The buttons... I copied and pasted one button to a new transparent background and saved as gif. Then I changed the colour of the button and saved so that I had two buttons for mouse over effect.
  • Map ...I just copied and pasted the area I wanted for the map to a new background and drew a rough map.
  • Viewer... I drew a zig zag line on the skin and cut out the area I wanted to be later used for my viewer. Then I pulled a rectangle around the zig zag bits, copied the whole area and pasted it on a new transparent background. I then removed the zigzag bit I didn't want and saved as a gif. Gif willl enable you to have frames with transparent view screens.
  • I pulled the whole lot into TW and made the tour.

I hope that helps...

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by vrboy on June-01-2005 at 10:58am
View vrboy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vrboy Search   Visit vrboy's Homepage www   Quote vrboy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vrboy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
August-09-2002
64 Posts

Hey Markus, Just thought I would let you know how to create the cool skin overlays. Create a photoshop document the same size as your vt viewer with two layers, colour and texture the top layer as you want then cut out whatever shape you want the viewer to look through, delete that section then save for web as a transparent gif. Then use this code in your applet code

<param name = frame value = "yourgif.gif">
and tada you got yerself a transparent viewer, you can then use ptscripter for contolrs etc, or you can use tourweaver and create a skin in that.

Cheers, Craig

-------------
My Link

Message posted by inter6300 on June-03-2005 at 1:26am
View inter6300's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by inter6300 Search   Visit inter6300's Homepage www   Quote inter6300 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
inter6300
Standard Member
Standard Member
Switzerland
December-16-2004
84 Posts
Thanks Rob and Craig

That helps me a lot.

Craig: I have tryed in really many, many ways, the frame value solution you mentioned. I inserted this in the Tourviewer_Test.html File. Is this right?

I will keep on trying and I found a helpful site (hopefully) about viewer parameters. It's in german, but I think it will suit also the english, because there are lots of examples.

Viewer Parameters

regards

Markus

Message posted by VT360 on June-03-2005 at 10:45am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Excellent tutorial on the frame here.

it says you can use jpg or gif for the frame image.

jpg didnt work for me. only gif worked.

http://users2.ev1.net/~wufdog/PT/ptviewerscripting/ptv-frame.htm

Message posted by phoenixrising on June-03-2005 at 3:04pm
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
As far as I know only gif will support transparancy. I have in the past made a frame out of 4 longs rectangles and made a frame out of them and saved as jpg... that was before I figured out how to do the transparent gif trick though.

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register