Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: I purchased ipix but might change Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by thecount on June-01-2005 at 5:23pm
View thecount's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thecount Search   Quote thecount Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thecount
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-01-2005
5 Posts
Hi there, I'm new to creating panos, I recently purchased a package comprising of the following from ipix:

Nikon Coolpix 4500 Camera
Nikon 180-degree fisheye lens
Manfrotto 190CL Tripod
Tripod Adapter to fit the rotator on a standard tripod
iPIX Rotator

It's fine for taking two shots and getting quick results but I'm getting dark seams especially when I shoot interiors on the ceiling and white walls. I've been told that " its a natural property of fisheye lenses. They have light falloff at the edge of the lens called vignetting"

Ok, not an expert so I can't comment but it's really annoying!!

Do I have to live with this? take a look, this one's not so bad, in fact I split the light source to achive this result as before it was showing on the walls and the ceiling: http://www.creativetribe.co.uk/test.mov

My immediate question on this forum is, with the 2 shot system I have, is there some software you can recommend?

Secondly, I've been told that I can purchase a 3 shot rotator or replace it, what do you think? Would this help? And I was also thinking, would it improve the quality?

Thanks for your time.

Message posted by VT360 on June-01-2005 at 11:54pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

hey count,

i prefer the 2 shot as i find it easier and faster. others swear by the 3 shot system.

what file size in kb is the mov your showing above?

did you stitch it with panoweaver or ipox software?

Message posted by thecount on June-02-2005 at 2:41am
View thecount's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thecount Search   Quote thecount Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thecount
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-01-2005
5 Posts
HI there, do you mean 3 shot ipix system or other?   I stitched this automatic with ipix. it's 212kb.

Message posted by smooth on June-02-2005 at 2:46am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi,

We have found the 3 shot method the best way to go and use a www.agnos.com MrotatorA with the FC-E8 Fisheye and stitch with Panoweaver 3.01 Pro or Panoweaver 4.0

The fringing with your shots may be able to be improved by cropping the edge circle in Panoweaver It would be worth downloading the trial and trying it out. Be sure to ask your questions here and we will try to help you out.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on June-02-2005 at 3:27am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

If you like I would happily stitch your images with Easypano Panoweaver and see if we can get you a better result and explain how this was achieved.

Just upload the masters and provide us a link to download.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by vrboy on June-02-2005 at 6:38am
View vrboy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vrboy Search   Visit vrboy's Homepage www   Quote vrboy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vrboy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
August-09-2002
64 Posts

Hi ,
when I first started five or so years ago I used Ipix and had the same issues,

The main thing being no ability to edit seams in photoshop etc. With panoweaver you can work with the image in whatever way you want and the suite of ps tools like healing brush and patch tool make removing seams and anomalies a sinch.

Panoweaver is the greatest!

Craig

-------------
My Link

Message posted by phoenixrising on June-02-2005 at 6:58am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
3 shot images are a have a tad more work... but not really. Sure you have another 30% more images to take and process. However, you have alot more image to play with and the resulting pano is a whole lot sharper. This is due to the fact that 3 shot images use the middle 120 of the hemisphere and avoid light fall off and inherant softness of fisheye lenses when coming to the edges. The end result is always worth the extra effort.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by thecount on June-02-2005 at 11:10am
thecount
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-01-2005
5 Posts
Smooth, I'll take you up on that offer, here are the links to the two hemispheres:

http://www.creativetribe.co.uk/DSCN0234.JPG
http://www.creativetribe.co.uk/DSCN0235.JPG

By the way, even though I click onto E-mail Notify me of Replies, they don't come through - very strange

Message posted by smooth on June-02-2005 at 12:44pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

OK, no problem.

I did the following in Panoweaver 3.01 Pro software.

Set the Center X to 1612 Center Y to 1270 and Radius (crop circle) to 940 and produced the following

URL REMOVED

Then I had little play and converted the panorama image to cubic then opened Photoshop and using the healing brush cleaned the seem a little and cloned out the tripod and graffitied the wall then reconverted the image to spherical in Panoweaver then back to Photoshop and ran through the free version of Ultrasharpen Photoshop plug in and got this

URL REMOVED

You can download the files from here should you wish to have them.

URL REMOVED

Total time spent about 15 minutes for everything shown above. The images are 2000x1000 245kb and 246kb and were saved for web at 68 in Photoshop.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by VT360 on June-02-2005 at 2:01pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Smooth,

could you have auto stitched without adjusting anything and get the

same results?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register