Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Nikon FC-E8 or Nikon FC-E9 ? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-07-2005 at 5:53pm
View myvirtualagents's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by myvirtualagents Search   Visit myvirtualagents's Homepage www   Quote myvirtualagents Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts

I have read many post on this form talking about how bad the FC-E9 lens is compared to the FC-E8 lens.

I own the FC-E9 lens with a Fuji S7000 camera, IPIX rotator bracket.  I have a very good tri-pod with a leveling grip.

My question is, would I see a big differance i quality if I switched to a camera using the FC-E8 lens compared to the system I am using now.  Even though the camera system I have now, can do a 12 megapixel photo, will the FC-E8 lens with a lower mega pixel camera work better than what I have now?

Here is a one of my latest tours.  Of course, since this tour, I have been able to get my ligthing much better. 

http://hometour360network.com/provider/myvirtualagents/2346_mountainlake/Tourviewer_2346_mountainlake.html

Message posted by VT360 on June-07-2005 at 6:05pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

"My question is, would I see a big differance i quality if I switched to a camera using the FC-E8 lens compared to the system I am using now.  Even though the camera system I have now, can do a 12 megapixel photo, will the FC-E8 lens with a lower mega pixel camera work better than what I have now?"

I dont know, i use the fce8 with a 3mp camera.

but your tours are more than enough for the low cost tours of the real estate market.  if you're happy with the equipment and your doing real estate, i would recommend you keep what you have.  you already feel confortable with it, got the hang of it, is paid for, and it works fine.

Message posted by cuetoyou on June-07-2005 at 6:07pm
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Hi

Well I don't use either of these lenses, or a Coolpix camera, or an S7000 for that matter. But, I guess we have read the same forum threads over the last few days and a number of them have been far from complimentary regarding your FC-E9 lens.

For what it's worth all I can say in answer to your question is; that for any kind of photography, that it aint the camera...it's the glass baby! Put a soft lens in front of the best camera from Nikon or Canon or Fuji, and you will get a soft image.

Will you "see a big difference", others can tell you for sure, but based on this forums posts, I'm guessing yes.

Sorry for chipping in when I don't know the lens. I've had a beer and am feeling talkative! hic.

Glenn

Message posted by cuetoyou on June-07-2005 at 6:08pm
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

VT

Go to bed!

Message posted by VT360 on June-07-2005 at 6:15pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

cue,

is afternoon over here and lately my energy has been through the roof!

vous allez au lit - mon petit ami   ;)

Message posted by 360texas on June-07-2005 at 6:16pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Seems like your image could be improved by light balancing between the 2 hemispheres.  Definate left/ right hemisphere lighting issue

After that.. please consider sharpening both images.

Would I pay for these images.  Not sure yet!

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by VT360 on June-07-2005 at 6:27pm
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

dave must i remind you about the hand of god? 

cracks me up just thinking about it. real estate is a different ballgame of quality. nothing compared to the quality you guys strive for here.

think about it, price is from $50 to $100  for 4 scenes.

smooth does even get out of bed for that price! (boy must be rich)

Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-07-2005 at 7:12pm
View myvirtualagents's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by myvirtualagents Search   Visit myvirtualagents's Homepage www   Quote myvirtualagents Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts
This week, I have found a way to make the lighting more equal.  Try to undertand, I have only been doing these virtual tours for 3 months.  My market is very low in my area.  It is very hard to get over 100.00 for a virtual tour and that is with 7 scenes and upload to Realtor.com.  The only way to make a good profit is to do 10-20 tours a week.  As you know, producing 10-20 tours a week take a large amount of time to stich the images together and complete the tours.  After I capture the images, it takes me about 1 1/2 hours to complete a tour.  So I have about 2 1/2 to 3 hours in one virtual tour.  I have a tour to complete tonight where I was able to get the ligthing a little better, I will post that tour when I finish.  Thank you very much for the feedback and any other suggestions will be more than helpful.

Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-07-2005 at 7:14pm
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts

360 Texas,

On this tour you have on your site, what camera did you use to produce this tour and how old is this tour?

http://360texas.com/feature/afeature1.htm

Message posted by Gen. Lee on June-07-2005 at 7:36pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

The FC-E8 lens has 8 elements and about a half size small diopter. The FC-E9 lens has 9 elements and about a 1/2 size larger diopter. If you do the math on the optics and compare the two lens it comes out that the FC-E8 does a little better job of "resolving" the light onto the CCD of the camera. How much better... can you tell. I think this depends on the dimensional size of the pano jpeg and the display size in the applet. The bigger you get the more you will notice.

I checked your website and prices out. Your example tour is more than adequate for what you are charging. Now a lot of us don't do the price range you are in but that is ok. As long as you are making money then its all good.

In my opinion I WOULD NOT invest anymore money into a setup. What you have will produce perfectly acceptable quality for "your" price range. The problem arises when you want to up your price for a more exclusive listing. Like virtual tours, not all listings are created equal. If you can target a few "top producers" who have listings over say $500,000 to a million dollars then you can pitch more advanced tour at a higher quality/larger image size. For that you might consider a Cannon/Nikon DSLR and the Sigma 8mm. If you want to go even better then the Nikkor 10.5mm might be worth considering.

We are all "pro-a**-fessionals" here LOL. So we tend to be hyper critical and down right anal at times about quality vs megapixels vs optics.

The bottom line is if your clients are happy and like the product you deliver and you are making money then that is all that matters. I haven't had any clients asking me when I am going to get rid of my old CP-950 and get a DSLR or something else. They don't know the dam difference especially the real estate agents. Heck there all half brains anyway, at least all the ones I know are....big LOL.

You do have some light balance issues to solve and you definitley should be "unsharpening" the images in PS. You have to look around the space and get a feel for where the brightest light is coming from. Shoot a set with where you think the best place to split the light is. If your not sure you should split the light through a window or off the walls etc. Do both. In post process you can choose the best one.

In 2 shot, I just do a stitch and if the hemis are off I open up both hemis in PS. I apply the "levels" command to the darkest hemi and lighten it up with "midtones only" trying to match it up with the other hemi by eyeballing. Save and do another stitch. If your still off then adjust the levels in smaller increments until you get it right. Unless you are wayyyy off in your exposres you will get a perfect stitch. However doing this will sometimes change the shape of the hemi due to the edge being lightened also. So you might have to tweak the stitching parameters  alitte each time. But in PW 3.01 this is a breeze. Not so in PW 4.01.

Gen. Lee

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register