Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Pictures shot with Sigma 8mm lens needed Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by seaman on December-18-2002 at 11:35am
View seaman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by seaman Search   Visit seaman's Homepage www   Quote seaman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
seaman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

April-23-2002
108 Posts
Does anyone have Sigma 8mm fisheye lens or 8mm Nikkor f2.8? Please shot 3 fisheye images with your SLR camera and Sigma 8mm fisheye lens or 8mm Nikkor f2.8, 120 degrees one to another, and sent them to us. We needed these samples to make 3 fisheye images stitching even better.

Message posted by 360texas on December-18-2002 at 10:51pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Seaman, 

I just sent you a Nikon990 FE 1 set of 3 images by email.    These are unmodified images right from the camera. I also included the EXIF  info.txt file.  Please read the content.

Hope this helps

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by seaman on December-31-2002 at 11:00am
View seaman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by seaman Search   Visit seaman's Homepage www   Quote seaman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
seaman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

April-23-2002
108 Posts
Thank Dave. As far as I have leart so far, it might not be able to shoot full circular image with Digital SLR Cameras + Sigma 8mm fisheye lens or 8mm Nikkor f2.8 so far. But it is possible with Flim SLR Cameras + Sigma 8mm fisheye lens or 8mm Nikkor f2.8. So anyone who has got a Film SLR Cameras and fisheye lens, please shoot 3 circular images, scan the film and sent them to us. We will be happy to offer you a copy of Panoweaver Professional Edition.

-------------
To see is to believe

Message posted by igrafics on January-06-2003 at 11:29am
View igrafics's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by igrafics Search   Quote igrafics Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
igrafics
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
January-06-2003
1 Posts

Hello, Seaman

why it might not be able to shoot full circular image with Digital SLR Cameras + Sigma 8mm fisheye lens ?

I'm surprised, since I just wanted acquire one.

-------------
Best regards
Infografics Levante

Message posted by seaman on January-07-2003 at 11:02am
seaman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

April-23-2002
108 Posts
There are fisheye lens with 180 degree FOV such as Sigma AF 8mm, Nikkor 8mm f/2.8. Sigma AF 8mm can mount to AF 35mm SLR cameras as Sigma SA, Minolta, Nikon (D), Pentax, Canon including DC and film camera.

However, the image shot with SLR Digital Camera (Canon D60/D30, Nikon D1/D100) and Sigma Fisheye lens are not a full circular image but a drum-style image (upper and bottom area are cut since the focus will be changed when SLR Digital Camera and fisheye lens are connected), so Digital SLR Camera are not able to be used in Panoweaver.

If you would like to use SLR camera, you can choose a film SLR camera and fisheye lens (Sigma AF 8mm or Nikkor 8mm f/2.8) to shoot circular images and then scan the flim or photo with scanners.

-------------
To see is to believe

Message posted by joseph on January-14-2003 at 10:08pm
View joseph's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by joseph Search   Visit joseph's Homepage www   Quote joseph Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
joseph
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
May-18-2002
17 Posts

Hello Seaman,

I have aquired a Sigma 8mm fish eye lens. I will be be building a suitable pano bracket to suit it in the next week. If you have not recieved any images from this lens by the time I am finished, I will shoot some film and scan the images and send them to you.

Regards,

Joseph

www.fieldofvision.com.au

Message posted by seaman on January-16-2003 at 11:24am
seaman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

April-23-2002
108 Posts
It is very kind of you, joseph. We need it urgently.

-------------
To see is to believe

Message posted by Craig on February-04-2003 at 6:37am
View Craig's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Craig Search   Quote Craig Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Craig
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-22-2003
6 Posts

Is there any chance of future versions of Panoweaver being able to stitch 3-shots taken with a digital SLR and 8mm lens or with a Nikon Coolpix in F2 mode with the fisheye lens?  If the vertical FOV is 180 degrees in portrait orientation, is there enough horizontal overlap to allow stitching these three shots?  Panoweaver would have to know how to ignore the black areas at each side of the circles.

If this was possible, the maximum achievable image resolution would be much greater, and it seems as though the number of potential customers would greatly increase.

Message posted by Speedy on May-16-2003 at 10:43pm
View Speedy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Speedy Search   Quote Speedy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Speedy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
May-16-2003
4 Posts

Hello Seaman,

i could send you 3 shots taken with Canon EOS 1Ds (full frame) and a Sigma 8mm fisheye on a Manfrotto Panohead. Would you still provide me with a free license of Panoweaver Pro?

Best regards

Speedy

Message posted by phoenixrising on May-28-2003 at 12:18am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Craig,

I take all of my shots in F2 mode as I have far more control with lighting issues. I don't get a full circle... though the overlap is enough to compensate.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register