Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Camera Settings Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-09-2005 at 1:14am
View myvirtualagents's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by myvirtualagents Search   Visit myvirtualagents's Homepage www   Quote myvirtualagents Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts

I wanted to say thank you to all the people who give very good suggestions and comments, even the bad comments are good.

I have figured out how to set my camera up using the manual settings and playing around with the white balance settings so I can try and even up my light differances between the two shots.  Can someone tell me what is the best settings to soften the window shoots in my virtual scenes.  When I take a inside pix, I have my settings on  20 / F2.8.  Any suggestions so I can look out the windows instead of seeing a bright glare?

Message posted by Gen. Lee on June-09-2005 at 2:03am
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I take between 10 and 5 exposres per hemi. Each exposure is one stop. White balance is set to cloudy. Shutter priority.
1/500
1/250
1/125
1/60

and so on.

I have a complete bracket set

I look at these exposures and pick the one that has the best windows but is the lightest without loosing window detail. This is the base image to start with. Tip-this is usually the 1/250 to 1/60 exposure. Make sure you select the same hemis on both sides or you will get a color imbalance.

Using the PS plugin for layer masking found at http://www.erik-krause.de/index.htm?./blending/ I then create a HDR hemi. Now you can see out the windows.

Do this for each hemi.

Stitch and you have a good looking pano.

Gen. Lee

Message posted by 360texas on June-09-2005 at 8:29am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

You mentioned " When I take a inside pix, I have my settings on  20 / F2.8."  

At f2.8 you will have little or no depth of field.  Meaning that your foreground and background will be out of focus and mid point will be the only objects in focus.

Suggest that you maintain f8 or better and let the shutter speed float.  F8 seems to be the 'Sweet Spot' where all fore, mid and background will be in focus.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register