Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Logo Help Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-09-2005 at 1:35am
View myvirtualagents's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by myvirtualagents Search   Visit myvirtualagents's Homepage www   Quote myvirtualagents Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts
Is there anybody that might know how to take my current logo and create a giff. logo so the ball that is in my logo will bounce up and down, like the way I have it set up on my website?  I thought it would be pretty cool to use it for my loading image and have the ball bouncing up and down while the tour is loading.  Any ideas or thoughts?  Of does anybody know if I can insert Flash into the waiting image?

Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-09-2005 at 5:07am
View myvirtualagents's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by myvirtualagents Search   Visit myvirtualagents's Homepage www   Quote myvirtualagents Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts

Ok, tell me what you think.

http://myvirtualagents.com/gifflogo.htm

I will use this as my waiting image when my tour is opening.

Message posted by ajay on June-09-2005 at 5:15am
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
looks good to me - how did u finally manage to create the bounceeeee?

-------------
aj

Message posted by marktold on June-09-2005 at 8:02am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

I guess the top line www.longtion.com is a giva away. Guess it was done with Gif Animator.

This having been said, I would not use this image as a wait image.

Why? Look at its size, 328 kb. an not animated version would weight probably around 12 to 15 kb.

So I defenitely would not use a 328kb wait images to wait for a 250kb panorama :-)

Just my opinion. The loadbar should entertain enough to have the client waiting.

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-09-2005 at 12:10pm
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts

Ok, tell me if this take a while to load.

New tour that I just did testing the waiting image.

http://hometour360network.com/provider/myvirtualagents/12670_cardinal/Tourviewer_12670_cardinal.html

Thoughts ??

Message posted by 360texas on June-09-2005 at 12:32pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

We are using aDSL 1.5mbpsi download speed (compared to 56kbps dial up).  The animated .gif completed its loop and stopped at 1 minute lapsed time.  The page was displayed at the end of 1 minute 7 seconds.  Total broadband download time 67 seconds.

In order to keep a visitor on site and hold their interest keeping them from leaving a webpage should download in 18 seconds or less.  Most of our full screen panoramas broadband download in probably less than 20 seconds.

You might consider using a non animated 'Wait' screen.  Over 60 seconds is far to long to wait to see your clients product.  That is the goal... show the paying client their product.   

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-09-2005 at 8:19pm
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts

Yeah ! You are correct.

Try the tour now and let me know how long it takes, I took the giff out and put a still logo.

http://hometour360network.com/provider/myvirtualagents/12670_cardinal/Tourviewer_12670_cardinal.html

Thanks

Todd

Message posted by 360texas on June-09-2005 at 8:37pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

The logo opened in 20 seconds.. The new window should be opening so that it fits inside a 1024x768 browser window..this small window still takes 56 seconds to full load.  this is an indication the content is delaying the full downloading in a respectable 30 seconds.  Suggest trimmimg out some of the page weight.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by VT360 on June-09-2005 at 10:22pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts
took about 1.5 minutes for tour to begin spining using dsl.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register