Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Adventures with a Canon Rebel Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on June-10-2005 at 3:15pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Ok.. here is a quick show and tell

The Canon 350d and the Canon Rebel XT are the same 8mp camera model.  The 350d is advertised outside the US.  The Canon XT in the US.  But then you already knew this.

We use the out of production Kaidan Kiwi 990 pan head for both the our Canon 20d and Canon Rebel XT (350d).  Yes we have two Kiwi pan heads.

The lens used is a Sigma 8

I ran a test setup today - I set up the XT on the Kiwi 990 pan head.  I ran a few Nodal point tests and I took a panorama.

Image from the back.

Front view.  Due to the angle taken.. red line appears not to run through center of lens

Side view - notice point of rotation and lens gold ring mark.

Nodal Point setup

I used the 20d in macro mode and took these through the XT viewfinder.

Here is the 4 image panorama stitched with PW4.  Few items to note: Black band across top and bottom of the image.  I usually photoshop fill the black band at the top.  I usually put a glass gazing ball across the bottom.  Next see how the tripod cap lays across the bottom of the image.  The smoother that band the better stitching results are... fewer seam or no errors.  Yes PW4 asked me to add a few extra Matching points. Please disregard the discoloration.  As usual I did level each image.

The testing procedure is the same for any camera/ full circle fisheye lens/ pan head.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-11-2005 at 8:56pm
View myvirtualagents's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by myvirtualagents Search   Visit myvirtualagents's Homepage www   Quote myvirtualagents Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts

Dave,

Do you have a sample tour using this set up.  I have been thinking of switching to using a Canon Rebel.

Thanks

Todd

Message posted by Thomas on June-12-2005 at 3:16am
View Thomas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thomas Search   Visit Thomas's Homepage www   Quote Thomas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thomas
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-18-2002
157 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Dave

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register