Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Wide Angle Photos Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-11-2005 at 5:19pm
View myvirtualagents's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by myvirtualagents Search   Visit myvirtualagents's Homepage www   Quote myvirtualagents Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts

I have been having a hard time taking pictures with closed in areas, such as small bedrooms, small living rooms and bathrooms.  I purchased a simple wide angle lens, but the problem that I have is that I can use the flash using the wide angle lens.  Does anybody have any ideas?  Is there a chance I could use a external mount flash with the wide angle lens or can you not use any type of flash when you mount an additonal lens onto a digital camera?

Message posted by 360texas on June-11-2005 at 5:33pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

For wide angle imaging of say.... for taking "hotel rooms" we use a Canon 10-22mm wide angle lens.  The Canon 20d and Canon Rebel XT(outside US its called a 350d) has a 1.6 crop factor. 

So (=35mm equal to)  zoom out 10mm is really a 16mm and full zoom in to 22 is 35.2mm ).  This lens works very good at capturing the full width of the room with out too much barrel distortion.

Please see sample images on this thread where we used the Canon 10-22mm lens.

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=1218&PagePosition=1

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-11-2005 at 6:32pm
View myvirtualagents's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by myvirtualagents Search   Visit myvirtualagents's Homepage www   Quote myvirtualagents Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts

Did you use a flash with this lens?

I have been thinking about getting a Canon Rebel.  Do you know if I can set up this Canon using 2 or 3 shot fisheye lens.  If so, do you know what type of lens I would use for that and the rotator?

Message posted by Thomas on June-12-2005 at 3:21am
View Thomas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thomas Search   Visit Thomas's Homepage www   Quote Thomas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thomas
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-18-2002
157 Posts
Agnos.com has a special head tilted 60 to get a full sphere with 3 fisheye pictures. Stitching is done with PTGui (templates available), but should work also with PW.

Ask Smooth, I think he is working with this combination.

Message posted by RuddersUK on June-12-2005 at 2:32pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Hi guys. We use a nikon fisheye and it is possible to do a virtual image in a space less than 1m depending on what tripod you use.

Message posted by Gen. Lee on June-13-2005 at 10:13pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

If you are referring to the nikkor 10.5 mm then the answer is mabey.

This lens has a minimum focus distance of 0.14m or 0.5 ft. So anything farther than 6 inches away from the lens will be in focus.

This rig is heavy with the rotator. If you can fig out a way to rotate the camera and take 6 shots plus top and bottom in a space less than 1 meter you could probably do it.

I think the specs on the lens will allow it. It is the logistics to fig out. Inside of cars and such you should be able to do it.

If you do it show us how it turned out.

Gen. Lee

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register