Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Amazing panoramas with spheron Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by WideEyes on June-11-2005 at 9:20pm
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

Hi everybody.

Just wanted to show you some of the best panoramas I have ever seen. The equipment is from Spheron and can be found here: http://www.spheron.de/spheron/public/en/spherocamhdr_overview/spherocamhdr_overview.php

As far as I know it is very expensive. But can't help thinking that it might be worth the price when you look at the results and how easy it is supposed to be to use.  What are your oppinions??

Do any of you know if the images are compatible with TW??

Best regards

Morten Andersen

- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by RuddersUK on June-12-2005 at 3:01pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
To get images like those you DO NOT need such expensive equipment. A good suggestion would be the nikon coolpix 8800 and the fce9 lens. along with a decent tripod & rotator you should be able to produce images easily as good as those shown. to take a HDR image take 3 shots with autobracketing on. -1v, 0 & +1v (per angle shot) then combine these as a HDR image in photoshop CS2 or similar. To get a good quality large image you need the final image to be approx 3000 x 1500 pixels (as a flat equirectangular image) so the nikon's resolution of 3,264 x 2,448-pixels is plenty. Hope this helps.

Message posted by VT360 on June-12-2005 at 3:17pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

i didnt see any samples on the spheron site.

anybody got any links to their gallery?

Message posted by martyhr on June-12-2005 at 4:30pm
View martyhr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by martyhr Search   Visit martyhr's Homepage www   Quote martyhr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
martyhr
Standard Member
Standard Member
Czech Republic
August-17-2004
20 Posts
www.virtual-surfers.com

one of the partners of Spheron ( they use their camera)

-------------
Martin

Message posted by martyhr on June-12-2005 at 4:34pm
View martyhr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by martyhr Search   Visit martyhr's Homepage www   Quote martyhr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
martyhr
Standard Member
Standard Member
Czech Republic
August-17-2004
20 Posts
http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=1147&PagePosition=4

info in the end of discussion

-------------
Martin

Message posted by virtualsv on June-12-2005 at 6:41pm
View virtualsv's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by virtualsv Search   Visit virtualsv's Homepage www   Quote virtualsv Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
virtualsv
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-09-2005
118 Posts

Hello everyone,

when you guys say the camera is expensive how much is it?

Virtual SV

-------------
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer
360 Design Studio (Formally known as VirtualSV)
support@360designstudio.com

Message posted by VT360 on June-13-2005 at 12:00am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts
thanks marty - saw the tours and their nice.

Message posted by phoenixrising on June-13-2005 at 5:26am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

I was at a presentation of the Camera in Stuttgart last year. From what I can remember... the basic camera is around 35.000 the HDR version 45.000. A friend of mine tested the cam as they do very high end work and didn't find WYSIWUG ie the camera didn't fulfill the promise he expected. They've therefore continued on their Highend DSLR and good lenses path. (They tend to shoot car and yacht interiors and Object Models for people like Mercedes, Porsche and AMG)

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by VT360 on June-13-2005 at 11:38am
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

phoenix,

do you know approx how much they charge per car developed?

how much time does it take them from beggining to the final end product?

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on June-15-2005 at 4:15am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Phoenix

When you say 40.000 is that USD, EURO or GBP???

There is a big difference........ :o)

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register