Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Canon G3 and what else? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Strudel on June-14-2005 at 2:09pm
View Strudel's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Strudel Search   Visit Strudel's Homepage www   Quote Strudel Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Strudel
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-15-2002
18 Posts

I have used a Nikon 5000 with iPix rotator up until now.  I now want to use a Canon G3 but what else do I need?  I want to do 3 image panos.  Agnos seems to be common but what about Fisheye lens for the Canon G3?  Do I need something other than the FC-E8?  Thanks,

Hans

Message posted by Strudel on June-14-2005 at 3:21pm
View Strudel's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Strudel Search   Visit Strudel's Homepage www   Quote Strudel Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Strudel
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-15-2002
18 Posts
I also have Canon 20D but I heard that that is an even more expensive setup.  If I am wrong would obviously want to make this camera work with the three image option.

Message posted by virtualsv on June-14-2005 at 5:03pm
View virtualsv's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by virtualsv Search   Visit virtualsv's Homepage www   Quote virtualsv Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
virtualsv
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-09-2005
118 Posts

If you use the Canon 20d you will need the Sigma 8mm F4 EX Fisheye which runs around 600 dollars, you will also need the Agnos MrotatorTCPShort. I'm not sure about the Canon G3. Why are you switching from the coolpix 5000?

VirtualSV

-------------
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer
360 Design Studio (Formally known as VirtualSV)
support@360designstudio.com

Message posted by Strudel on June-14-2005 at 9:38pm
Strudel
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-15-2002
18 Posts
I am switching from the CP5000 because I have sold the virtual tour business to someone as I now in real estate and want to do my own tours.  I was only using the CP5000 for vtours but I do have the 20D - I read a few posts here about the fact that this is not such a great solution?  I could get a used CP5000, FC-E8 and then not sure what rotator.  Would that be better since I am very familiar with CP5000

Message posted by Gen. Lee on June-15-2005 at 12:56am
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

The CP5000 is a vey good camera for doing panos.  Also you get to use the better FC-E8 lens instead of the two pound barbell FC-E9. 5 megapixels is all you need for panos displayed at 500 pixels wide or less.

For this setup you need the Agnos MrotatorA. It is small and lightweight. And is nodaly perfect. Hook it up an shoot. I recently upgraded from a coolpix 950 to the CP5000. I specifically purchased the cp5000 over the newer coolpix models.

I ablsolutly love this setup.

The 20D is a very good camera. Get the sigma 8mm and do 4 shot panos at very high quality. Can't beat that either. But when it comes to effecincy, speed and ease of use for real estate tours you just can't beat the CP5000+FC-E8 setup.

Gen. Lee

Message posted by purpleski on June-27-2005 at 1:31pm
View purpleski's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by purpleski Search   Visit purpleski's Homepage www   Quote purpleski Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
purpleski
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-29-2005
2 Posts
Hi

Hans can I check something with you "I have used a Nikon 5000 with iPix rotator up until now. "

Can I just confirm that the set up is:

Nikon 5000
Ipix rotator for FC-E8/Coolpix 995 combination
Nikon FC-E8 and UR-E6 Converter Adapter for 5000

The reason I ask is that my Coolpix 995 is not perfect, it chops the bottom of the fisheye and Nikon want $300+ to repair it so I am thinking of getting the 5000 from ebay but I must be able to use my Ipix rotator and FC E8 fisheye.

The ipix rotator for the 995 is the older version which does not support the camera and attaches around the back of the lens.

Thanks.

-------------
purpleperson

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register