Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Fisheye FC-E8 compatible with SonyDSC-P9 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by vanessa on June-15-2005 at 4:36am
View vanessa's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vanessa Search   Quote vanessa Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vanessa
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-15-2005
4 Posts
Hello

Is the nikon FC-E8 Fisheye compatible with my Sony Cybershot DSC-P9 or DCS-P200?

I have both cameras and I want to purchase FC-E8 Fisheye, here is a complete specifications of cybershots cameras:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscp9/page2.asp
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Sony/sony_dscp200.asp

Can anyone tell me if is compatible, or need an adaptor?

Thanks a lot

Message posted by 360texas on June-15-2005 at 9:31am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi Vanessa,  I think you will need to talk to a Sony Dealer to find out.  I answered your reply in the PhotoVista forum.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Gen. Lee on June-16-2005 at 5:45pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Hi Vanessa,

I checked the specs on both of your cameras and they both state "Lens thread = no". This means you can not adapt the FC-E8 lens to either of these cameras.

The FC-E8 has a threaded male thread that screws into the lens or one of several adapters made for specific cameras.

I tried to find the thread specs on the FC-E8 but it is not stated. I measured my "UR-E6" adapter for this lens and the female thread diameter is 28mm. So the male thread on the FC-E8 should be 27 or 28 mm.

Gen. Lee

Message posted by 360texas on June-16-2005 at 6:23pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

It is a 28mm thread.  I check the lens cap.. it reads 28mm diameter not focal length

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by fatchai on June-16-2005 at 10:59pm
View fatchai's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by fatchai Search   Visit fatchai's Homepage www   Quote fatchai Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
fatchai
Standard Member
Standard Member
Hong Kong
June-16-2005
24 Posts

hi vanessa

i may be able to find a solution for u... there is a photo shop in my country has adaptor tube for Sony camera. This adapter tube can mount on P2/P5P7/P9 and P10. the adapter is 37 mm.

If you want to connect the nikon E8 fisheye, you need to buy both the tube with step ring 37mm to 28mm.

I have attach some picture here for you to take a look. cheers.

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/bettingtips/sony_tube

fatchai

Message posted by vanessa on June-16-2005 at 11:20pm
View vanessa's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vanessa Search   Quote vanessa Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vanessa
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-15-2005
4 Posts
Hi Fatchai

Where is the photo shop, has a web site?

yes is a tube "37mm" and step ring to 28mm, is the solution

Thanks

Van.

Message posted by fatchai on June-17-2005 at 1:33am
View fatchai's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by fatchai Search   Visit fatchai's Homepage www   Quote fatchai Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
fatchai
Standard Member
Standard Member
Hong Kong
June-16-2005
24 Posts
ahhh... there is no website... i am located in Singapore Asia.

Message posted by fatchai on June-17-2005 at 1:48am
fatchai
Standard Member
Standard Member
Hong Kong
June-16-2005
24 Posts

hi vanessa:

one thing to take note. As you can see from my picture, the adapter will use your tripod screw to stablize the adapter... cox the sony camera initially doesn't support any additional lens. So if you need to mount the camera on the tripod, you need to think somthing else. 

As for price, the adapter is around $32usd and the step ring is around $12usd. the postal from here to US should not be more than $5 as these items are not heavy.

hope it helps

fatchai 

Message posted by Gen. Lee on June-17-2005 at 3:47am
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

vanessa,

Looks like this might work. If you get the Agnos MrotatorA this will work. This rotator mounts to the tripod and the FC-E8 lens is held in place by the top of the rotator. The camera is mounted to the lens so this configuration will work.

But you have the sony adapter plus the UR-E6 adapter. That puts the diopter of the FC-E8 much further away from the CCD of the camera. I am not sure how this would turn out.

You need to check the CCD specs on your camera to make sure the image circle will fit without cropping or be to small due to the length of the adapters.

Gen. Lee

Message posted by RuddersUK on June-17-2005 at 5:57am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Vanessa. does the DSC P9 have an auto exposure lock? we found this a problem when tryin to use cybershot cameras. As each 'hemi' will have completely different exposures & white/colour balance settings and the resulting final image will look all patchy.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register