Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Stupid question Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by emarts on June-15-2005 at 10:13am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts

If I purchase a remote shutter release for my camera will it work if I'm standing behind the camera? The infrared sensor on my camera is on the front. How do I point the thing at it without being in the picture?

Message posted by 360texas on June-15-2005 at 10:28am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

We thought about that also.  Our Canon Rep was demonstrating the infra red version and turned the camera around (lens and IR sensor  facing away) and tried to click it... and it would not work.  I think the camera folks have a good idea, but need to put the IR Sensor on both front, sides and back for it to work properly... or put a omni directional sensor on the camera top.

We purchased the wired flavor for or 20d and Rebel XT (350d).

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by marktold on June-15-2005 at 12:27pm
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

OK

Here is the deal with my Nikon D70 and I asume that other have the same possiblility.

I can set my camer to single shot, multiple shots, selftimer, selftimer with IR, and IR.

I can even say how much time I want to pass from using the IR remote control till the self timer will fire. I have set it to 2 second since I just point to front and pull my hand back. but the nikon d70 gives me alos 2, 5, 10 , 20 for the selftime.

Its just the selftime with IR that I use.

Go Nikon. But I am sure if Dave looks in his manuel he will find that the canon has the same functionality.

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by emarts on June-15-2005 at 12:30pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
I have the EOS 300D and I don't see a similar function in my manual. I just use the self timer and wait the long 10 seconds for the shutter to release.

Message posted by 360texas on June-15-2005 at 12:33pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I am typically behind the camera when I click the shutter.

But I understand how you can just reach in front of the camera, click the IR button.. then the 5 or 10 sec timer clicks the shutter.

Now if they made a radio frequency RF release.. like some of the TV remote controllers were then it would work from anywhere

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by phoenixrising on June-15-2005 at 3:28pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
IR only works line of site... alas... My Canon 20D also only has 10sec timer... snore. Looks like I should have opted for the D70 instead.... especially with the fact that I could add the 10.5mm lens to my sig8mm... oh well... still well chuffed with my cam though.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by ajay on June-15-2005 at 5:05pm
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
wired remotes for D70 are avaialble on ebay - probably for canon to

-------------
aj

Message posted by BigGreenFurryTh on June-16-2005 at 5:46pm
View BigGreenFurryTh's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BigGreenFurryTh Search   Visit BigGreenFurryTh's Homepage www   Quote BigGreenFurryTh Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BigGreenFurryTh
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
January-07-2005
49 Posts
Try the following: for IR botch together a reflector using cardboard and aluminium foil (as used in the kitchen for cooking joints of meat). Attach it to the camera using masking tape. This used to work with my old Canon film cameras and slave flashes. Might take a few attempts but if you angle the improvised mirror correctly the IR should bounce off from the remote behind to the sensor in front.

Alternatively use a laptop to fire off the camera. For Canon cameras check out remote software from BreezeSys.

Mark

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register