Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Nikon CoolPix 5000 ????? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-15-2005 at 8:08pm
View myvirtualagents's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by myvirtualagents Search   Visit myvirtualagents's Homepage www   Quote myvirtualagents Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts

OK! I found a very good deal on a complete Nikon CoolPix 5000 camera system using the Ipix rotator and Nikon FC-E8 lens.  Does anybody have any sample panos using this set up?  I am using the Fuji S7000 with the FC-E9 lens and after looking on the forum, I see that a lot of people like the FC-E8 lens much more.  The Nikon is only 1 megapixel less than the Nikon 5000.  I am wanting to see what the differance might be between both camera set up.  Any sample panos using the Nikon Coolpix 5000 would be great.

Message posted by 360texas on June-15-2005 at 8:38pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmm we use a Nikon 990 and a FC-E8.  Tomorrow let me see what 3 shot images I can dig up from the past.  I will post the 3 shot on our website for you to download.

The Nikon 990 is about the same as the 5k.  So stitching should be nearly the same.

Dave @360texas.com     GMT -6   Central Texas Time.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-15-2005 at 8:54pm
View myvirtualagents's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by myvirtualagents Search   Visit myvirtualagents's Homepage www   Quote myvirtualagents Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts

Hey Dave,

I just did a tour with 3 shot fisheye instead of 2 shot fisheye.  I am having a overlapping issue.  Could I send you 3 of the images so you can see if you have the same problem.  Or I can put them on my site so you can download them.

Thanks

Todd

Message posted by phoenixrising on June-16-2005 at 7:10am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Hi there MYV... any chance u can show us an image so that we can see and help.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by 360texas on June-16-2005 at 9:33am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Yes, MVA  go ahead and upload them to your server,  then put download links here in the thread.  I will download them and give it a try.

That helps me because I would have to unpack the now stored Nikon 990s

Thanks

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-16-2005 at 7:13pm
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts

I uploaded a zip folder that has 3 differant scenes.  Just click on the link below and download the zip folder.  Let me know what you think.

myvirtualagents.com/3shotpix.zip

Message posted by Gen. Lee on June-17-2005 at 6:36am
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Hi MVA,

I took a stab at it on the great room image. I am not sure what is happening but I got a good stitch using PW 4.0.

First I tried 3.01 and that was not working out. I then tried PW 4.0 and did 6 matching points per hemi and got a real mess of a stitch.

I looked at your image size which is 2848x2136.
2848 / 2 = 1424 and 2136 / 2 = 1068. This is the exact center of the image. I used these for the X and Y coordinates. Radius was left alone for now.
First I adjusted the center image settings until the stitch was close. I then applied the settings to all the hemis

I then adjusted each hemi fisheye circle to the edges of the hemi. This recalculated the values as follows.

Image 1 = Fishey-24, x=1456, y=976, r=907
Image 2 = Fisheye-20 x=1460, y=977, r=908
Image 3 = Fisheye-20, x=1467, y=977, r=914

http://66.118.155.203/360/mva/pano2.html

Looking at the values you see the x coordinate changing to the right and y is constant. Makes me think the image is shifting on the CCD of the camera somehow. Not sure what could cause this.

Gen. Lee.

Message posted by 360texas on June-17-2005 at 9:26am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Your nodal point inside the lens is behind the tripod rotation point when you get 3 distinct hubs like that in your photo. The further extended the hubs are the further the NP is behind the rotation point.

I can see some sitiching seam mismatches running through the window wall.  The image turned out real well on the wooden floor.

On purpose, I re-created these 3 senario and illustrated them on this page.  Scroll down mid center of the page until you find the Nodal Point picture showing "BEHIND,  YES RIGHT ON and Forward of the rotation point"

http://www.360texas.com/tips/nodalpts.htm

Hope this helps

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register