Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Coolpix 5000 + FC-E8 + pano head? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by melonrhyme on June-17-2005 at 4:19am
View melonrhyme's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by melonrhyme Search   Quote melonrhyme Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
melonrhyme
Standard Member
Standard Member
Singapore
June-17-2005
7 Posts

hi all,

i'm a newbie to this. After reading thru the forums, I've decided to get the Coolpix 5000 + FC-E8 setup. (I'm planning to take spherical tours.)

Can anyone help me on which pano head I should get? Also, what other equipment would i require ('cept the tripod of course!).

As i'm located in Singapore, would there be any problems shipping it here and how long would it usually take?

Message posted by Gen. Lee on June-17-2005 at 5:12am
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Hi Mel...,

With this setup I would definitly recommend the "Agnos MrotatorA".  This rotator is small and nodaly perfect so you do not have to set the nodal point. You can shoot 2 or 3 shots with this rotator.

Agnos shipped mine to me via 3 day air. I got it in 3 days. But that is here in the US. Agnos is in Italy.

Get a tripod that has a "4 position leg". This will allow you to put the camera on beds or up against tables etc. The ablility to have the legs at different levels verticlally will come in handy.

You should get a tripid leveler. I have a "Bogen 3416" but there are others like this that are just as good. I like the Bogan becasue it is heavy duty and has big thumb screws. It is well made and will last a long time.

Also get a "hot shoe bubble level" so you can make sure the camera is level as well as the lens. The Agons rotator has a small spirit level on the top as does the leveler. But the hot shoe bubble is a little more accurate and will tell you if the camera is level not just the tripod.

Oh and don't forget to get Panoweaver for stitching. I would suggest PW 3.01 for 2/3 shot panos. There is a thread here on the differences. You should check that out. And lastly download the trial versions of both 3.01 and 4.0 and check them out for yourself. Either version will do nicely.

Gen. Lee

Message posted by RuddersUK on June-17-2005 at 6:01am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Do agnos make the rotators for iPIX? the rotatorA is exactly the one i use from ipix but it does have the level bubble in it, AND iPIX charge the customers MORE that the agnos ones!

Message posted by melonrhyme on June-17-2005 at 6:56am
View melonrhyme's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by melonrhyme Search   Quote melonrhyme Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
melonrhyme
Standard Member
Standard Member
Singapore
June-17-2005
7 Posts

Hi Gen. Lee,

thanks heaps for the detailed advice...I looked up the Agnos website..the listing price for the Mrotator is 160 euros. Just wanna reconfirm, but is that all I would need in the pano-head dept?

Thanks once again and sorry if my questions seem ignorant.

Message posted by Gen. Lee on June-18-2005 at 2:47am
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

That should do it.

Mabey include a 1 gig 40x or 80x memory card.

Make sure you get the "MrotatorA"

Gen. Lee

Message posted by VT360 on June-20-2005 at 1:53am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Gen,

Could this have worked out iwth your 5000

http://www.agnos.com/catalogo.htm?v_lingua=ITA&v_iss_web=0000000000000006538713770445&v_categ_lista=PR001-00007&v_cod_art_sche=MROTATORTAP&v_vai_primo_art=SI

You would probably need to figure the nodal. Also note that it only allows for front and back adjustment. theres no lateral adjustment possible that i could thinkg of.

Message posted by VT360 on June-20-2005 at 1:55am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

also,  do you set your 5000 with the mrotator A parallel to the floor or

perpendicular  to the floor like here http://www.agnos.com/dati/foto/Mrotatorfce802.gif

Message posted by melonrhyme on June-20-2005 at 4:14am
melonrhyme
Standard Member
Standard Member
Singapore
June-17-2005
7 Posts

Hi Gen,

thanks for your help. I've already placed my order for the MrotatorA.

Looking forward to receiving it!

Message posted by melonrhyme on June-20-2005 at 4:27am
melonrhyme
Standard Member
Standard Member
Singapore
June-17-2005
7 Posts

Hi Gen,

Just discovered that they're no longer selling the CP 5000 in Singapore. I looked through this site and they gave several other options:

CP 4300 & 4500

Major bummer..these are neither availale here as well. Here is the link to what models are in stock in Singapore. http://www.nikon.com.sg/PRODUCT/COOLPIX.htm

Can you help me identify a suitable replacement cam? Just to recap, I'm planning to use the MrotatorA and FC-E8 lens.

Thanks a bunch!

Message posted by VT360 on June-20-2005 at 9:54am
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

How much are you willing to spend on a good used CP 4500?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register