Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: importing retouched pano Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by John on December-31-2002 at 1:25am
View John's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by John Search   Quote John Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
John
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-31-2002
38 Posts
Seaman,

The 3.0 pro update is really great, but there are a couple of things that would make it a killer. I would really like to be able to export my stitched panorama without compression, edit it in photoshop (remove tripod, lens flares, etc.) and then reimport the uncompressed, retouched image to export as a panorama. It appears that you can almost do that now, but not quite. You can export the panorama in psd format (and you have to do it in 1x6 cubic format to really be able to retouch reasonably). One problem here is that the edges for the overlap of the layers is "hard" for a lack of a better term. That is to say that there are no masks for the blending of the two layers, as appears to be done with the panoramic image within Panoweaver itself. This wouldn't be such a problem if you could save the retouched image as a psd with layers and reimport it into Panoweaver and have it apply the seam blending. Unfortunately, Panoweaver doesn't import psd format. You have to save the image from photoshop as some other format, which flattens the image and gives you unblended seams when you import it back into Panoweaver. I would suggest importing psd, layered images as a solution. Alternatively, export the psd image with the blending masks so that the seams are blended when you flatten the image when exporting from Photoshop.

Another possible solution would be to allow publishing of cubic panoramas with no compression (tiff format, for instance). Then at least I could use another application, such as CubicConverter, to export cube faces to retouch.

And, of course, if I have missed something in my ignorance that would have allowed me to do what I want, please correct me.

Thanks,

John

Message posted by John on December-31-2002 at 3:14am
View John's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by John Search   Quote John Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
John
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-31-2002
38 Posts
update and correction to previous post....

Ok, I feel stupid that I didn't see that the psd exported file DOES have masks ...but they still do not "blend" smoothly at the edges. If I save it in photoshop after doing corrections, the entire seam is hard-edged with no blending. Is there a simple way to get the blending done in photoshop? I am not a photoshop expert, but I am sure there must be a way. I still wish I could take the layered image back into panoweaver....

Message posted by John on January-01-2003 at 12:11am
John
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-31-2002
38 Posts
Ok...me again....

I have done some more homework (yeah, should have done more before I ever posted   I see that I can paint on the masks in photoshop to get better blending of the seams. Duhh. Thanks for not flaming me out of the water everyone.

Message posted by seaman on January-04-2003 at 1:36pm
View seaman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by seaman Search   Visit seaman's Homepage www   Quote seaman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
seaman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

April-23-2002
108 Posts
Thanks for your sharing your experiences and ideas with us.

-------------
To see is to believe

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register