Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: A Quick Nodal Point Test Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on January-04-2003 at 6:23am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Acid Battery Test for the Nodal Point.

To determine your nodal point.. try this approach that seems to work with very near and far targets.

take a 8 x 10 piece of paper and set near the edge of a table. Get a set of 4 batteries. Place 2 at the back end of the paper. Place the other two on the nearest end of the paper. Set your camera up right at the table edge and raise the lens UP about 5 or 6 inches above the table plane, so that you can see both sets.

Then with the compact flash card in the camera take 3 each FE 2 images - 1 straight ahead with the back battery tops directly over the top of the nearest set of batteries. Then ROTATE the camera LEFT take a shot -- RIGHT take a shot.

You will know when you have located the nodal point.. When ALL 3 image - THE BATTERIES DO NOT MOVE POSITION.

If the batteries do move postion.. relocate your camera forward or backward on the panorama head.. and repeat image test.

Below is a composite of 3 images.

For more details please see:

http://www.panoramas.de/panoramas/html2e/tips.htm

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by 360texas on January-14-2003 at 5:02am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

This is a repost of the image.  This time I added the corresponding camera head orientation below...

The camera and pan head actually are in the same location.  I tried to overlay each camera head ontop of each other to give the affect of swiveling it left and right.. but didn't work out so well even with fading each one a bit.  So I just put the 3 bottom ones close together 'for affect'.

Hope this makes it clearer.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by callgary on January-21-2003 at 5:51am
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts

Really appreciate your tips, Dave.  This one's a gem!  I just upgraded from the i__X rotator to the Kaidan Quickpan III CS and your tip just saved me a whole lot of time and aggravation.  Thanks!!!

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

Message posted by 360texas on January-21-2003 at 10:41pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

You are welcome. 

I was just passing along some really good information found at the website link below the picture.  I tried their process, found that it worked.. and felt that others should know about this technique also.

Of course, the merit of this technique will be apparent when you actually take and process stitch your panorama shots.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register