Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: QuickTime Penetration Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by marktold on July-13-2005 at 9:22am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Hi there

I have been trying to find a link that shows an estiamted market penetration of QuickTime Player.

Java seems to be working on more then 95% of computer/macs

The one stat I found said only 20% for all the hits they had on their servers.

Anyone with some links to stats?

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by 360texas on July-13-2005 at 10:03am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

From 360Texas.com website.  Apparantly does not detect Java flavors.

1. Dynamic HTML Binding 81.6 %
2. Windows Media Services 68.0 %
3. Shockwave Flash 58.5 %
4. Shockwave for Director 29.3 %
5. QuickTime 10.2 %
6. RealPlayer 9.5 %
7. No plug-ins measured 4.1 %

And O/S

1. Windows XP 81.2 %
2. Windows 2000 9.4 %
3. Mac OS 5.4 %
4. Windows 98 2.0 %
5. Windows ME 0.7 %
  Unknown 1.3 %

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on July-13-2005 at 10:46am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Dave,

Where did you dig up those figures? I doubt that they are very correct.

2% Windows 98 No way! I can't believe that. These figures don't even come close to anything I have ever seen before or what is indicative to the people who visit any of my websites.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by marktold on July-13-2005 at 11:00am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

This are stats I have from a site that seems to have 700'000 visitors a day

XP 58 %
Win2000 21 %
Win 98 9 %
MAC 4%
Win ME 3 %
Win NT 3 %

Java 96 %
Flash 71 %
QuickTime 19 %
Shockwave 16 %

@smooth

Dave has it from his site stats. I guess lots of folks visiting 360texas.com are developers and more likely to use XP then 98. So that might be the reason

Looking forward to some links and figures from all over the world

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by BigGreenFurryTh on July-13-2005 at 1:00pm
View BigGreenFurryTh's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BigGreenFurryTh Search   Visit BigGreenFurryTh's Homepage www   Quote BigGreenFurryTh Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BigGreenFurryTh
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
January-07-2005
49 Posts
OT: just out of interest, what log analysis software is everyone using?

Mark

Message posted by smooth on July-13-2005 at 2:23pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by marktold on July-13-2005
@smooth

Dave has it from his site stats. I guess lots of folks visiting 360texas.com are developers and more likely to use XP then 98. So that might be the reason

Thanks Markus,

OK, that's fair enough I missed the part that it was Dave's actual website stats

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Thomas on July-14-2005 at 5:35am
View Thomas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thomas Search   Visit Thomas's Homepage www   Quote Thomas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thomas
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-18-2002
157 Posts
Quicktime offers still the best quality, but what I don't like is the download, because if you go to the download page and you want the version for Windows XP you will get the file iTunesSetup.exe with 21 Mb, Quicktime together with iTune.

I point my users always to the standalone version, but I started also to offer my fullscreen panos with the G2 viewer from Immervision.com

Message posted by ajay on July-14-2005 at 11:33am
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
Interested in your comments about the G2 viewer from Immervision.com. Anyone any experience of this development. Had a quick look at their site but am unsure whether you need to download a new reader to view this type of Java output, and if so, does it auto recognise this and direct the viewer to the download site as does QT?
Alan

-------------
aj

Message posted by johnfl68 on July-14-2005 at 11:58pm
View johnfl68's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnfl68 Search   Visit johnfl68's Homepage www   Quote johnfl68 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnfl68
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-27-2005
70 Posts
As for the Windows 98 Stats - they seem in line with most of the sites that I manage.

Here is one site for example that I feel is a good general public baseline, and comparable to most of my sites:

Windows ME        1.38%
Windows 98        3.71%
Windows 2000     9.76%
Windows 95        0.11%
Windows XP        74.40%
Windows NT        0.88%
Windows             0.01%
Macintosh           4.33%
Linux                 0.59%
Other OSes        4.84%

I don't have a good viewer baseline - as I am just starting with 360 images and tours.

As for log analysis software, I uses FastStats from Mach5 and have for many years. It has lots of great tracking features, and reports.

John

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register