Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Canon 20D Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by inter6300 on July-24-2005 at 10:41am
View inter6300's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by inter6300 Search   Visit inter6300's Homepage www   Quote inter6300 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
inter6300
Standard Member
Standard Member
Switzerland
December-16-2004
84 Posts
Hi

I own now a 20D. Bevor I had a CP8400 and thats another world. ;)

So I would be very glad to receive some of the general settings on my 20D.

For Example do you use the Av or Manual Modus?

Thanks for any input

Markus

-------------
http://www.powertext.ch Canon 20D / Sigma 8mm / Roundshot VR-Drive

Message posted by inter6300 on July-24-2005 at 10:54am
View inter6300's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by inter6300 Search   Visit inter6300's Homepage www   Quote inter6300 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
inter6300
Standard Member
Standard Member
Switzerland
December-16-2004
84 Posts

.... sorry I forgot to mention, I have a Sigma 8mm Fisheye with the 20D.

-------------

Message posted by 360texas on July-24-2005 at 1:27pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi Markus,

To located the Sigma 8 nodal point.. put the Sigma 8 gold ring over the top of the tripod point of rotation.

Take 4 images at 90 degrees.  Use PW4  Stitch 4 images option.  Be sure to level each image.

The 350d is about the same as 20d.  Here is how I found the nodal point.  The measuremenst are different for the 350d but the technique is the same.

http://www.360texas.com/tips/nodalptscanon.htm

Finding the correct exposure and shutter speed is different with the 20d.  Turn the lens to each 4 positions (at 90 deg) and set your camera to 'Automatic' and write down the cameras suggested 'shutter speed' and aperature settings.  Then average the 4 settings.  Then select MANUAL and enter the average aperature and shutter speed values.  Then take your images.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by inter6300 on July-24-2005 at 2:15pm
inter6300
Standard Member
Standard Member
Switzerland
December-16-2004
84 Posts
Hi Dave

Thanks for your input. The Nodal Point is no problem.

I did as you mentioned. In the Manual Mode I have 4 pictures and each has a different "temperature" value. Lets say from cold to orange.

Another question in the PW4 I have to rotate each pictures 90, is there some kind of a batch solution?

Thanks

Markus

-------------

Message posted by inter6300 on July-24-2005 at 5:20pm
inter6300
Standard Member
Standard Member
Switzerland
December-16-2004
84 Posts

In the raw mode the colour differences dont appear. One step further. :))

-------------

Message posted by smooth on July-25-2005 at 2:55am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Unless shooting in RAW you MUST set and lock your "White Balance"

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by phoenixrising on July-25-2005 at 6:20am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Set to manual

Set white bal (WB) to a given value eg cloudy, shoot and see if you like the WB. If not you can always set white bal manually. Here I ask you to refer to your users handbook as I forgot how to as I only shoot in RAW for pano work or instead set a given colour temp eg 4200 kelvin.

I've found that f 14 is a good setting for the soft Sigma 8mm and also setting focus manually.

rotating images.... well I used to rotate all images  when I first loaded them into my pc. My Canon however notices when I shoot in portrait mode and will automaticcaly turn the images 90 when opened in certain applications and viewers. Alas not in PW4. Turning 90 when first loading images will be OK for PW but will result in 180 turn in other applications. So turn this ability off on the camera and turn all images 90 when you first load the images from your cam to your PC. Alternativly, you can tick a box in PW when loading an image. Click load image and you'll see the screen which lets you tell PW how many images ie 3, 4, 4+2 ... you want to load. On that same line you'll see rotate.

rob

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by 360texas on July-25-2005 at 9:19am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

The Glass Gazing Ball can be found on this Panotools Wiki

http://www.panotools.info/mediawiki/index.php?title=Adding_a_nadir_logo_with_text

Look down the list for "What you Need"

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by inter6300 on July-25-2005 at 1:06pm
inter6300
Standard Member
Standard Member
Switzerland
December-16-2004
84 Posts

Hi

Thank you very much for your kind assistance. My panos are getting better and better.

As I learned from the PW Help Section, with the drum pics there are seams normal. So I added a top (+T) picture. With my roundshot gear I can just turn the camera 90 to the top. So it should be in the right position.

But I had to adjust the matching points manually and that takes time. But the seams disappeard. So my question, is there something I have to take care?

In another treahd I read, the FC E9 fits to the 20D. Possible?

regards Markus

-------------

Message posted by smooth on July-26-2005 at 2:11am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Markus,

Yes, Agnos make an adaptor to mate the FC-E9 to the 20D using a EOS 17-40mm or 18-55mm lens. I have one and I can tell you it is NOT desirable. The adaptor from Agnos is fine but the image results are poor.

Best to use your Sigma 8mm and learn how to make the best of it.

Shooting an "up" shot is exacting, you need to be using a quality spherical panorama head like the MrotatorTCPShort from Agnos which allows you to rotate the camera 90 degrees on the final (shot 4) position into the upward direction. If the nodal point is set correctly and there is enough information and correct exposure in the "up" shot for Panoweaver to match points it will stitch automatically. If not, you have to set some control points manually.

Hope this helps!

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register