Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Equipment to mount laptop to tripod Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by virtualsv on July-25-2005 at 8:51pm
View virtualsv's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by virtualsv Search   Visit virtualsv's Homepage www   Quote virtualsv Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
virtualsv
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-09-2005
118 Posts

Does anyone know of any good product were I can mount my laptop to a tripod or a tripod I can purchase that allows me to mount my laptop?

-------------
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer
360 Design Studio (Formally known as VirtualSV)
support@360designstudio.com

Message posted by virtualsv on July-25-2005 at 8:55pm
View virtualsv's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by virtualsv Search   Visit virtualsv's Homepage www   Quote virtualsv Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
virtualsv
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-09-2005
118 Posts

I guess you guys can ignore that question because I just thought that Its going to be impossible to keep the laptop out of the fisheye image, sorry stupid question, guess I just quit being lazy and carry it.

-------------
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer

Message posted by VT360 on July-25-2005 at 9:51pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

i too did look for something similiar to what your thinking and dint really find anything.  i found a tripod that holds a laptop, acutally is a laptop stand. but then, where do you put the camera head and camera?

there's a laptop carrier that you hang from your chest.

search google for "laptop carrier" or similiar.

if you dont find it i'll try to do a search for it and see if i find it again.

btw, how many tours are you doing weekly? do you have any tips on

marketing?

Message posted by phoenixrising on July-26-2005 at 6:34am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Here are some laptop tables:

http://www.pctabletote.com/

http://www.pctabletote.com/

The second one seems to have better reviews.

I have seen a laptop bag which hangs on the side of a tripod somewhere... but can't recall where. If you want a kinda table slung within the tripod... well you could make your own. If you get a round piece of metal or sturdy plastic (you should be able to get a sturdy piece of aluminum cut in ur local DIY/Hardware store), drill 3 holes equidistant at the edge, cover the metal with a rubber base (again found at DIY/arware store), then add 3 little clamps (something similar to what holds the bell on your bike, or one of those pipe clamps that you can tighten) to ur tripod and use those miniture hooks to hook into the metal (the hooks are obviosly attached to the clamps on the tripod) . Well then you should have what u require for very little money, time or effort.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by inter6300 on July-26-2005 at 9:21am
View inter6300's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by inter6300 Search   Visit inter6300's Homepage www   Quote inter6300 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
inter6300
Standard Member
Standard Member
Switzerland
December-16-2004
84 Posts
Another option would be something like a wireless file transmitter as Canon offers for the EOS-1Ds Mark II, the 1D Mark II and the 20D.

The name of it is WTF-E1

Canon writes:

"The Wireless File Transmitter is designed to enable photographers to transfer their images from their camera through a wireless network to a computer, whilst not interfering with the process of taking pictures.

The key advantage is to provide a faster workflow for professional photographers, allowing them to concentrate on the process of picture taking while the transfer happens automatically in the background."

Canon Site

I read in a german forum, it works well.

It costs about 1'000 Euro.

Markus

-------------
http://www.powertext.ch Canon 20D / Sigma 8mm / Roundshot VR-Drive

Message posted by virtualsv on July-26-2005 at 4:18pm
virtualsv
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-09-2005
118 Posts
I found a cool program that is called the force, It enables you to set you camera at bulb and then make your laptop take the pictures, you you can click start and it will take 7 pictures at diffrent exposures with you you even touching the camera, im going to give it a try as soon as my laptop comes in. I wish they had that same program for a pda.

-------------
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer

Message posted by virtualsv on July-26-2005 at 4:19pm
virtualsv
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-09-2005
118 Posts
I have found one for a pda but it doesn't shoot multiple pictures automatically at diffrent exposures, I believe the name of that one was snapixx.

-------------
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer

Message posted by phoenixrising on July-26-2005 at 8:47pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Miguel... any chance for a link to this programm?

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by yowsiang on July-26-2005 at 9:20pm
View yowsiang's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by yowsiang Search   Quote yowsiang Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
yowsiang
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-08-2002
58 Posts

Hi virtualsv

do you have the link to "the force"?

ys

Message posted by virtualsv on July-26-2005 at 10:08pm
virtualsv
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-09-2005
118 Posts

The link for the force is:

http://velatron.com/dca/theforce/

It's a great program, I see potential in increasing workflow, you can purchase the serial cable for nikon cameras here:

http://www.harbortronics.com/cables.asp

-------------
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register