Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Photomatix Help Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by PleaseHelp! on July-30-2005 at 10:07am
View PleaseHelp!'s Profile Profile   Search for other posts by PleaseHelp! Search   Quote PleaseHelp! Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
PleaseHelp!
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-30-2005
11 Posts

We are newbies and need to improve the lighting and depth in our panoramas.  From one of our previous posts we learned that Photomatix could be helpful in correcting this, and consequently we would like to know if anyone could please give us some tips and advice for using the product.  We take it that we need to take multiple pictures with different exposure times, however we are not exactly sure what exposure times we should use.  In addition, are there any other adjustments that we should make in between shots?  Also, should we use Photomatix with stitched panoramas, or with the individual photos before they are stitched?  Lastly, on the Photomatix website the end result looks pretty impressive, but how well does it actually work in real life?  Any help and/or information will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Message posted by inter6300 on July-30-2005 at 3:30pm
View inter6300's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by inter6300 Search   Visit inter6300's Homepage www   Quote inter6300 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
inter6300
Standard Member
Standard Member
Switzerland
December-16-2004
84 Posts

Hi PleaseHelp!

1. I Photomatix the pics after stitching.

2. With my CP8400 I took one dark, middle and light pics. Sometimes I just add only 2 panos together and sometimes I put 3 pics together.

3. Here you can see a Hotelroom stitched with 2 overlayed pics. Done with a Coolpix 8400 and the FC E9 Fisheye and Manfrotto 303 Panohead. Hotel Castello ( Choose the "Hotel Castello - Ascona Turmzimmer VR Tour"

regards

Markus

-------------
http://www.powertext.ch Canon 20D / Sigma 8mm / Roundshot VR-Drive

Message posted by BigGreenFurryTh on August-03-2005 at 10:27am
View BigGreenFurryTh's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BigGreenFurryTh Search   Visit BigGreenFurryTh's Homepage www   Quote BigGreenFurryTh Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BigGreenFurryTh
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
January-07-2005
49 Posts
If the images you produce are of sufficient quality, then the results you get with PhotoMatix will be as good as those on their web site. The software is that good.

The latest version of PhotoMatix Pro has an alignment feature for combining hand held shots which is OK but doesn't beat a good tripod shot. However, PhotoMatix Pro's batch feature is superb: great results in a reasonably short time.

An alternative is Ulead's PhotoImpact. The HDR function is crude but effective in most lighting conditions and the alignment is better than PhotoMatix but the whole process is very much slower.

Hope this helps,
Mark

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register