Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: D70 & Sigma 8mm Nodal Piont Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mediaPix on August-03-2005 at 2:57pm
View mediaPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mediaPix Search   Visit mediaPix's Homepage www   Quote mediaPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mediaPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-19-2004
69 Posts

Hi,

Today I've been getting to grips with finding the Nodal Point for the D70s & Sigma 8mm with the Agnos MratorTCPshort. After trying Daves battery test and other reading, I'm close, but still not quite got it spot on. I thought I'd share some pics of the settings I have at the moment. Anyone with the same setup I would expect them to have a very similar reading, otherwise I'll be starting again from scratch in the morning.

(fig1) Shows the rotator lined up with the horizontal axis bracket at 18mm

(fig1)

(fig2) Shows the vertical bracket lined up with nikon lable on the D70 body with a reading of 8mm on the bracket.

(fig2)

(fig3) Shows where I'm at, I know not quite there but if my understanding is right I should be looking at moving the camera back so the lable lines up between the 6mm & 8mm mark.

(fig3)

Is this as good as it gets or is there much more room for improvement?

Not sure if this helps other users of the same equip but any comments are welcome.  (except comments about incorrect exp on (fig3)

Regards mediaPix

Message posted by 360texas on August-03-2005 at 4:59pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Using those bracket settings can you show us the finished panorama on your site so we can see too.  What we are looking for is stitch errors... and it is OK  to have a few.  We won't hollar at you.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by mediaPix on August-03-2005 at 7:09pm
View mediaPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mediaPix Search   Visit mediaPix's Homepage www   Quote mediaPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mediaPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-19-2004
69 Posts

Hi Dave

Yes will do Dave. 

I didn't spend any time setting the camera up for the composed ie:exp etc, just spent the day trying to get the near perfect circle. The sun is threatening to shine tomorrow so I will be out and about. If not, I'll take a few test shots inside and see how they turn out. I'll post a link then.

Regards mediaPIx

Message posted by Mark_nl on August-04-2005 at 6:32am
View Mark_nl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Mark_nl Search   Visit Mark_nl's Homepage www   Quote Mark_nl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Mark_nl
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
July-30-2005
33 Posts

Thanks for this post mediaPix, my planned setup, will follow it with great interest!

Regards, Mark

Message posted by marktold on August-06-2005 at 6:21pm
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

@all

The 18 mm on fig 1 will differ if you don't have the quick release option. Will check on Monday what I got.

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by mediaPix on August-06-2005 at 6:43pm
mediaPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-19-2004
69 Posts

Thats true Markus, I do have the Manfrotto Quick release.

Looks like it will be around 5 on the vertical and 18 on the horizontal. Been busy with other stuff and not had much chance to play around the last two days. I promised Dave I would post a sample and will do Monday evening. Still using the trial, need to get my hand in my pocket for the upgrade. More money

(Been wining and dinning the missus this weekend need to be extra nice at the moment) 

Regards mediaPix

Message posted by marktold on August-08-2005 at 8:49am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

mediaPix

I like the way your head shows in figure 3. I have not yet gotten close to that.

From pure messurement I came to 6 mm and 20 mm.

I think one problem I have with my head is, that you have so many parts that needs to be connected correctly in the right angle.

Just the quickrealse is so much an error thing.

I could be attached not square to the bracket.

Also the part on the camera could not be attached squere to the camera.

Then the bracket (I own the one that you can take up and down shots) can be attached at 91 degree angle instead of 90 degree.

So I wonder how did you level that good.

EXTRA QUESTION

If you level. Will your bubble stay within the ring? Mine does not by far. I think that my bubble level is not mounted correct.

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by mediaPix on August-08-2005 at 7:44pm
mediaPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-19-2004
69 Posts

Hi Markus

Hope you got the PM.

I agree with all the points you are making Markus. I have a bubble level on my Quick Leveler and the bubble level on the TCP bracket. I now have a Hotshoe level on the D70s, this I think has been a great improvement.

I use the Quick Leveler and try to achive the perfect level for the TCP head but use the reading on the bracket leveler as being more precise as this level is closer to the camera (both levels will show a different reading) I disregard the reading from the Quick Leveler.  Then I make any adjustments to the camera position on the bracket using the Hotshoe Leveler this helps to make sure the camera is at a 90deg angle.

Not sure if you downloaded the manual for the TCP when you bought yours Markus, I couldn't find it on the site due to Agno's currently updating the site. They kindly sent one via email. You can download it here. http://mediapix.co.uk/temp/mrotator_tcp_eng.pdf

This will explain the reason you get a variation on the level reading when you rotate the head. I too would have been puzzled if I'd not read this first.

This is the maual for the Base should you need it. http://mediapix.co.uk/temp/mrotator_base_eng.pdf

Regards mediaPix

@ Dave

Will post pano soon (promise)

Message posted by marktold on August-09-2005 at 2:19am
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

@mediaPix

Thanks for the links to the pdf files. And yes I got your PM. I added you to my Messenger so I know when you are online.

Do you use the black quick addapter support with your quick release? If yes this is the reason why I have a different reading.

I think I got one of the very first bracket manufacured. Agnos has sent me this support just the other day by mail. Also my spirit level is facing back under the camera and not to the front like on the pdf's shown.

I guess I will order the one that is shown in the pdf so reading it under the camera or beside it will be easier.

If a hotshoe is a two way spirt level you can mount to your camer flash light thing, then I must say I own one myself and started to use it until I noticed how much way it has and how much this effects the leveling.

Well until now I have been able to produce panos at quite satifactory levels but have never not even close come to what you have on fig 3. So I think I still have room for imporvements.

Talk to you later on IM.

Regards Markus

-------------

Message posted by Mark_nl on August-09-2005 at 5:54am
View Mark_nl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Mark_nl Search   Visit Mark_nl's Homepage www   Quote Mark_nl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Mark_nl
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
July-30-2005
33 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by mediaPix on August-08-2005

This is the maual for the Base should you need it. http://mediapix.co.uk/temp/mrotator_base_eng.pdf

Oh dear! Good thing I read this post, I am assuming that I also need this rotator

http://www.agnos.com/catalogo.htm?v_lingua=ENG&v_iss_web=0000000000000038465850233464&v_categ_lista=PR001-00007&v_cod_art_sche=MROTATORTB&v_vai_primo_art=SI

to mount the MrotatorTCPshort on my tripod?

A little surprised to find that out so late, when advised by several people to get the MrotatorTCPshort were they all assuming I already had such a rotator??

Or am I missing something completely (wouldn't be the first time) and can I mount the MrotatorTCPshort directly on my Manfrotto tripod?

Thanks for any help here, very confused...

Regards, Mark

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register