Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: VR facts for clients Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by steiner on August-08-2005 at 9:44am
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Hi all

I've landed a local theatre as a client but the marketing rep would like to see some facts and figures on the bonus VRs bring to ones business.  I have seen such web pages for hotels in the past but can anyone point me in the direction of some other stats pages?  If not - hotel biased pages would do.

Thanks!

Steiner

Message posted by marktold on August-08-2005 at 10:57am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

I have once made a calculator for hotels to estimate a ROI.

http://www.panoramas.ch/preise/roi_e.aspx

Not sure what you really want.

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by steiner on August-08-2005 at 12:22pm
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Hi Mark

Thanks for this - I think this is what I'd seen in the past.  I'm basically looking for printed or web based statements from customers that state how the addition of VR's improved their business.  That - or a stats chart of some sort.

My client (marketing manager) needs to convince her coorporate dept that this technology is necessary.

Thanks

Steiner

Message posted by emarts on August-08-2005 at 1:34pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts

When you find this info. please post it here as I would be interested in such information.

Without this information however (since I think it will be hard to find), you can try to convince your client that the panos are an enhancement to their current marketing plan (their web site I assume) not a replacement for it. Hard numbers would be difficult to find.

Look at it this way: If they have a printed brochure, do they ask, "How will I know this individual photo will bring me patrons?" The answer is you can't know. The photo gets people to open the brochure. The brochure gets people to contact the Theater. A person, gets them to the theater.

A VR tour works the same way. How many people are finding their site in the first place? What keeps them at the site long enough to influence their decision to make an inquiry? What does a VR tour show that regular photos can't? Should they wait until their competitors are doing it before they do it?

Message posted by 360texas on August-08-2005 at 2:59pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Over the last 6 years, I too have often asked the question.

To show "cause and affect" I would think one would have to first know

For 1 year before:

The existing website visitor count  and Earned Revenue

>> Install the panoramas on that site

For 1 year after

The existing website visitor count and Earned Revenue.

Assuming no other event was encounterd during the year after then compare the before/after figures and then make an assumption about the affect of adding panoramas to the site in terms of Earned Revenue.  Visitor count would not mean much for the client.. it is only the affect on their bottom $$financial line that means anything.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by emarts on August-09-2005 at 10:28am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts

I don't think the panos would necessarily draw anyone to any site. Afterall, they don't even know about them until theay have already arrived. I suppose you could generate a report that can tell you how many visitors arrive on the page containing the pano and how long they stayed.

Another thing you could do is survey customers. Ask them directly what they thought of the VR tour and if it had any influence on their decision to buy. But even that would not be scientific.

I think many people consider VR tours as bells and whistles and many VR companies are selling it that way. "Here's a cool accessory to your website."

I think instead of trying to sell VR tours based on increased sales, you should consider also showing their value based on saving them money. VR tours are a great way to qualify customers before you spend time and money sending a rep to them with a breifcase full of color brochures.

I'm pitching VR tours to an associate of mine in the commercial real estate market. He tells me his clients are impressed with the tours but he's not able to get them to commit to one. I tell him it's because they don't see the value beyond the glitz. I want him to ask them (better yet, I want to be there on his sales calls) about their usual sales process to their clients. How do they get clients? How often do they meet with prospective clients? What do they talk about? What do they show them? Then I want him to talk about how VR tours can save them time and money in the sales process.

I'm not sure how your client sells seats -- maybe to groups? More probably based on shows. But you'll need to find that out in order to customize a sales pitch highlighting the value of your product. If you can't do that, you won't make the sale.

Message posted by ajay on August-10-2005 at 4:40am
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts

Wouldn't we all like to see some more hard nosed stats re VT and the benefits but the Radison Group research is about all there is I guess. From a pure marketing point of view, VT's are all about product differentiation. They provide a depth of detail that is simply not available in any other form of media - even video (as VT's are interactive). Their greatest strength lies in their ability to reduce doubt, in other words, what you see is what you get. This is very important for the generation of NEW business.

I find the biggest problem is convincing folk that they are not a gimmick, but a hard nosed marketing tool. In my experience (nearly 30 years as a marketeer) part of the problem lies in the fact that websites are still not seen as a core marketing activity. Therefore, making them work more effectivly is not seen as a priority!?

Perhaps we ought to be looking at MR that demonstrates the effectivness of internet marketing - and building on that.   

-------------
aj

Message posted by 360texas on August-10-2005 at 9:55am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

VR's are a cost effective value added technique for getting the clients product to the potential customer.

<on soap box>

Its not about VR's, its about getting the customer to see the product better.

The panorama display is only a middle step in the sales process like the paper brochure that describes the product.  The panorama and webpage description compared to the brochure with small pictures and text possibly makes a better sales pitch.   The customer reads the brochure and files it (like trash mail - in the dust bin).   The web page text description and panorama is not.  The customer can visit the page any time as long as they have interest in the product.  The next step is the actual face to face product sales.

When selling panoramas.. first sell the clients product.

<off soap box>

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by emarts on August-10-2005 at 2:47pm
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
I also think that VTs are also a good tool for your client's credibility. Credibility is extremely important when making a sale. I'm pitching to a web hosting/design company next week and I plan to use credibility as a selling point for them. They are big on customer service and I think a VR tour of their facility will help their image of being a secure, stable and high-tech, state-of-the-art ISP. Potential customers will be able to see for themselves their network operations center and that they are not some one-man band operating out of the basement. They just moved into a new facility and are pretty proud of their new space. I think the timing is good for me to pitch it to them.

Message posted by pixelator on August-10-2005 at 3:22pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by emarts on August-10-2005
Potential customers will be able to see for themselves their network operations center and that they are not some one-man band operating out of the basement.

well i don't operate out of the basement, simply because i don't have one  lol. what i do know is that most of us have some type of web experience, with that said check your control panel and see what people out there are looking at.  i.e 360texas can more than likely tell you when i was trying to find my nodal point.  i.e smooth can also probably tell you when i wanted to know about skins.  point is all this information can be found within your control panel (or your clients).  as 360 dave (tex) has stated it will be with this info and time that tells.  just a quick note a lot of us here are selling this product to realtors.  with gas price at 2.30 per gallon here in charlotte nc, i would much rather take a look at the property in the comfort of my own home to decide if it would be worth the drive.  all of this is just my opinion though.

thanx, pix 

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register