Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: canon rebel xt(350D) nodal Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pixelator on August-11-2005 at 10:05am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

I may have found a big part of my problem view here  Panos kept getting worse, make adjustments still no good.  I believe my nodal is off, if someone could confirm.  Also with correct nodal will the circular lines be removed.  See the white house behind the white truck for example.  The images were shot in raw then converted to jpeg (with out any touch up as you can see).  With as new as I am to panoramas and this being my first dslr, I think it best for me to shoot in jpeg until the learning curve is not so large.  Published pano from spherical to cubical to try and locate nodal.  Lot's of adjustments in stiching as well.

Thanx, Pix

Message posted by 360texas on August-11-2005 at 11:16am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

From looking at your view of the tripod head it appears you are too far forward of the NP.  You can't see much of the head.  Looking at your picture side view and red line.. I would think the gold circle on the lens should be over the center (between the 3 small screws).

I suspect you have already visited this page.

350d (rebel XT) and Sigma 8mm lens. Finding the Nodal Point.

http://www.360texas.com/tips/nodalptscanon.htm

Isn't this great, seeing everyones back yard and neighbor hoods ?  Convenient  testing grounds.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on August-11-2005 at 11:41am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Matt,

It is clear from your images that the nodal point is incorrect.

You should be in line with the position "centre" of the three socket head cap screws (Allan Bolts) NOT the centre of the most forward Allan bolt. From your image shown you need to move your camera back so the gold ring is in line with the centre.

It would also appear you are off centre the other way also. The centre of the lens should be in line to the forward centre screw. NOT to the right as shown.

Persevere you will get there.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixelator on August-11-2005 at 1:13pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Thanks Guys,

I'll make adjustments when I get home.  Any input as to why the circular lines?

Regards, Pix

Message posted by 360texas on August-11-2005 at 8:00pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

hmmm Pixelator

Any input as to why the circular lines? ??

Not sure what you are referring to here.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by pixelator on August-11-2005 at 9:09pm
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Believe nodal point has been found.  View my living room here, it is at the bottom of the page.  The circular lines that I am refering to are on the white house behind the white pick-up truck, in the quick time player at the top of the page.  They appear to be some sort of circular bands on the siding of the house.  Must have been a compresion issue?  Big time happy here tonight, going to see if I can find G-spot now  

Many thanks to Dave & Smooth.
Regards, Pix

Message posted by smooth on August-12-2005 at 2:16am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Matt,

It is certainly better but not 100% as yet I don't think.

Still appears to need to go back a little based on your lines. But the camera angle (in the photo) is not a good one. Also I cannot see you tripod/rotator clearly in the down position. (Outside sunny day and better exposed would help) We are looking for a perfect circle. (or very close too)

You are a lot closer than yesterday!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixelator on August-12-2005 at 7:06am
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Back as far as it is going to go with out modifications to agnos head, which I don't think I will be doing  lol.  Please view updated pics here to see quick release allen screw at the end of bracket.

Thanks, Matt

Message posted by emarts on August-12-2005 at 9:22am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Those circular lines on the house is a moire pattern caused by both the siding and the resolution of the image. See mine here:

my pano (don't mind the crappy quality, it was one of my first ones.

You can see it in the shutters. I'm not too sure how to get rid of it though, other than Photoshop.

Message posted by 360texas on August-12-2005 at 10:28am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Yes, I know about that slotted hole not being back far enough.  But you may have found the proper location.

Looking at your tripod cap, it appears that you got a nearly round circle.  I marked 1 postion that was a little bit out of round. But as long as the image fits together on the horizon.. that is good enough.

The small marked tweak shows me that that single frame was tilted down just a bit making it so you can see more of the pan head.. so it sticks outside the circle a tiny bit.  Question?  Did you level up on all your single images ?

However,  it appears we have a different issue in the zenith.  First you should know I HATE CEILING FANS.  For your next panorama, I would try to move my setup over from center 1/2 way towards a wall, and not try to shoot an image series from exactly center of the room.  You are just asking for stitching issues.

At this point it is not clear what the issue is except it might be that one or two of your images were tilted down there by not aligning properly at the zenith.  It does not take much of a tilt down out at the end of the lens cap.  I noticed that you are set up on carpet.  Camera weight, and even your weight will cause the carpet to compress there by lowering the lens a tiny bit.  Suggest setting up on a concrete floor and retest.

So suggestions are: set up on concrete or hard floor surface and level up on each shot.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register