Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Impossible to use fixed settings?? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by WideEyes on August-13-2005 at 9:11pm
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

Hi everybody.

Some time ago I asked all of you for some help with blurry pictures when using photomatix. Some of your advice was great, but my result still wasn't satisfying. I therefore contacted the guys at HDRsoft for their advice.

They said that the problem is that it is not possible to use the exact same settings when sitiching panos in panoweaver. They said that panoweaver will automatically try to get the best result, so even if I use the same settings in "toggle" I can't be sure that all of the panos are alike.

Can this really be true?? Is it really nescessary to use Ptgui from panotools or other programs to stitch my panos if I want to generate a HDR image from serval stitched panos??

I know that some of you out there use photomatix and I have seen some amazing great results by you guys, and I was under the belief that you all use panoweaver to stitch your panos.

Would some of you share your exact workflow when working with photomatix I would really appreciate it.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

- a novice trying to improve

Message posted by RuddersUK on August-14-2005 at 11:20am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Hi Morten, Have you tried combing your HDR 'hemi's' before you stitch them. When we do HDR images we use autobracketing and take 3-7 shots per 'hemi' then combine the hemis using Photoshop's HDR plugin. finally stitch the outputted 'hemi's'. That way we dont have a problem trying to combine images outputted from the stitching program.

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on August-15-2005 at 3:00am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Rudders

Yes I have tried that approach, but most times my result is an image filled with vertical blue and green lines. Unfortunately.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by RuddersUK on August-15-2005 at 4:22am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
We had that problem once and found that it was because we hadnt completely flattened the images in PS before stitching, and it took ages work out why! when you've combined the images in which ever prog you use open them in PS and then go to layer - flatten image. Save em as normal, stich em as normal. I hope that might solve the prob.

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on August-15-2005 at 6:20am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi rudders

I will try that.

Thak you for your help :o)

Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by Gen. Lee on August-19-2005 at 12:04am
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Im not sure what you mean but I have successfully stitched several panos of different exposures and combined them in photomatrix without any problems.

I save the panos as BMP.

When you successfully stitch the first pano you need to save the settings and stitch the other panos with these saved settings or you will have problems.

I don't do it this way. I do each shot and stitch one pano as mentioned above. It still takes the same amount of time either way.

Gen. Lee

Message posted by WideEyes on August-19-2005 at 7:34pm
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

Hi Gen.lee

Am I getting something wrong. When you say that I have to save the settings doesnt that just mean that I have to use the same settings in "toggle" so that the X, Y and size are the same in all hemis at all exposures??

I just can't get it to work. It is SO frustrating.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by Gen. Lee on August-19-2005 at 8:19pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

In both PW 3.01 and PW 4.0 you can sticth an image and then save the "parameters".  Open the next set of images and select "parameters->stitch with previsou parameters"

This will assure that each pano is exactly the same other than exposure. For this to work you must be sure that when you take the shots you do not do any thing to the tripod. If you relevel after each shot it will not work. You must be very careful when rotating the camera.

You have to look for things like slippery carpet or soft carpet. I have ruined images because I moved the carpet on a hard wood floor when stepping around the camera for example. It only takes a very small amount of movement to mess things up.

Have you "aligned" the images? This may or may not work. If you did a good job on the shoot then each pano will be exactly the same and you can most likely combine them witout aligning them.

Gen. Lee

Message posted by WideEyes on August-19-2005 at 9:40pm
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

Hi Gen.Lee

Thank you for your advice, I will try this approach and see if it can't make my panos better. I know that I have to be very carefull when taking the shots at different exposures - thats why I have started to experiment on using a laptop to control the shutter, but I was not aware that it is also important that I am carefull when rotating the panohead.

Yes I have also tried to align the pixs. That helps a little bit, but just as a fine adjustment. 

Best regards

Morten Andersen

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register