Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Viewer adjust image resolution Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by VT360 on August-16-2005 at 12:25pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

has anybody seen a viewer from an easypano competitor (isee) that when you zoom into the object/image, it renders and improved higher resolution image. you can zoom in and out and the viewer automatically displays a good resolution of the image. currently, with ptviewer, when you zoom, it starts to get blurry and nasty.

is there any way to make ptviewer do this?

Message posted by 360texas on August-17-2005 at 12:02pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

well,  I think you are talking about ROI.  I think ROI function is part of the BIG ptviewer.jar.  I have not tried this.

iSeemedia's Zoom applet is what you are referring to.  Only issue is that it requires a Zoom Server server hardware.  This setup is extremely expensive as it requires an annual lease expense for the server software.

http://www.iseemedia.com

Zoomify used to sell a a ZoomifyVR package.  They actually licensed the ZOOM applet from iSeemedia. It did what you are talking about.  The package was discontinued due to no public interest.   Zoomify still has a free zoomify flash applet.  Does not require MM Flash and is a plugin for Photoshop.  However, it is only for single images.

http://www.zoomify.com

You can see a mix of FLASH and Zoomify at the URL below.  This was created using SwishMax output to a flash .swf.  The floor plans are zoomifyVR however the individual panoramas are ptviewer without the zoomify function.  I was only using a Nikon 990 with very small .jpg files so zooming in did not have any merit.

Hope this helps

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Gen. Lee on August-18-2005 at 11:46pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

This can be done with "ptviewer"

See this link

http://home.no.net/dmaurer/%7Edersch/Index.htm

On the above page is a link to this page

http://home.no.net/dmaurer/%7Edersch/zoom/Zoom.html

For some reason the example is not working in my browser. Some else posted a link to the same page that does work but I can't find it in the forums. Mabey it is my java version.

Gen. Lee

Message posted by VT360 on August-19-2005 at 12:50am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

dave, i didnt know the isee costs were like that. its an awsome viewer.

gen, the zoomable pano doesnt work for me either.  im interested in teh ptzoom feature of ptviewer.

there's little info if any on ptzoom and ptobject as far has tutorials, and intructions or even samples.

Message posted by smooth on August-19-2005 at 2:39pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I'm sure we covered PTZoom on this forum some time back! Unless you have a super high pixel DSLR like 11MP + or you are scanning analogue images it is pretty much a waste of time as Dave has already pointed out. I have a Zoomify sample on my site made with Zoomify VR. (They no longer offer it for sale) I also found it has issue's with Quicktime 6.5.

It doesn't take to much effort to work out how PTZoom works. But it is not like that of Zoomify or iSeeMedia's Zoom server.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by WideEyes on August-19-2005 at 7:25pm
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

Hi everybody

Do any of you know www.yawah.com ?? As far as I can see they have a similar concept as ISeemedia. On their webpage they dont mention using the technology with panoramas, but I have just sent them a mail asking. I will let you know what they reply.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

- a newbie trying to improve

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register