Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Happy days. Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by phoenixrising on August-19-2005 at 3:02am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Hi guys... just back from London doing a pitch for a huge 1000 image tour of an exhibition for next year. Looks like I'm gonna sign the contract next week. Yiiihaa!!! I think this'll be the largest tour ever created.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by marktold on August-19-2005 at 3:51am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Need any help from Switzerland?

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by phoenixrising on August-19-2005 at 4:09am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

May do... at the very least I may require some processing assistance. The whole thing won't happen until spring next year... so there is still plenty of time.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by BigGreenFurryTh on August-19-2005 at 1:45pm
View BigGreenFurryTh's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BigGreenFurryTh Search   Visit BigGreenFurryTh's Homepage www   Quote BigGreenFurryTh Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BigGreenFurryTh
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
January-07-2005
49 Posts
Congratulations and well done! That's fantastic news.

London's a great city to be in. I moved away from it last year after 10 years working there. I do miss it so I'm a wee bit 'green' that you'll be working there in Spring.

-------------
Cheers,
Mark

Message posted by VT360 on August-20-2005 at 1:10pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts
Cheers to you mate!

Message posted by emarts on August-22-2005 at 9:40am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts

Hey congratulations!

Mind sharing some information regarding how you got the account? Did you cold call or were you referred? I'm trying to make a business of this and I like to get inspired by others.

Message posted by Gen. Lee on August-22-2005 at 11:50am
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I am curious to know what your bid on the job was.

A "thousand" panos is quite large to say the least. Are you charging per images or one big price for the whole job.

And how did you talk them into so many or did they ask for that many.

Message posted by phoenixrising on August-24-2005 at 4:53pm
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

I was at a bbq in London. The guy I met there is the MD of the co. doing the exhibtion. He happens to be a friend of my girl friends. I happen to be doing my own exhibition in Germany, albeit on a smaller scale, so we came in conversation. The next time I was in London i just called him and asked if I could come round for a coffee and say hello. i went round and he showed me his new advertising material... I slated it and told him it was a load of rubbish and needed major sorting out. We spent the next hour and a half tallking about the changes I'd suggest and he even got his designers involved. we continued the convo with tours... and the fact that he's got 492 stands and that we could sort a deal where each stand gets 2 panos and some pics... co. logos... text... and package them as individual tours. His sales team can use this as part of the marketing package for the customers and they can use all the oturs for there own website for the rest of the year. So now I'll have his sales team selling my work and we've sorted a price structure that'll give them 30% and me 70% of the earnings.

Price and who this is I won't devulge... at least not until the contract is signed. However... I'm not going on the cheap, though economy of scale means that i can offer a fair deal and should be able to produce the business. When the deal is signed...  I'll require at least 5 photographers to assist on the taking of images. The details to this and any possible work I may be able to offer will be published in due course.

Oh yes... my main job is being a sales person. I've been in sales for many years and was lucky to have the right time, price, opportunity and the sales knoweldge to exploit it.

-------------

Message posted by emarts on August-25-2005 at 11:08am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Excellent. We need to remember that we're all sales people too. Without sales there's nothing to sell.

I wish you the best! And keep us informed of your progress.

Message posted by Gen. Lee on August-25-2005 at 4:38pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Well that is the way to get business done. Good job on the networking.

So the exibition members will purchase this seperatly but you have the promoter selling it for your with the exibition. Good deal. That is the way to go for sure. That should lead to lots of other jobs for companies who want a full tour.

Access to 492 companies is definitly awsome.

Gen. Lee 

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register