Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: difference between "Panarmoic Image Size" Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by makpatel on August-23-2005 at 5:19am
View makpatel's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by makpatel Search   Visit makpatel's Homepage www   Quote makpatel Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
makpatel
Standard Member
Standard Member
India
August-08-2005
47 Posts
what is the basics of the size difference of

"panaromic image size" option in panoweaver while stitching?

i seen

Web Dialup = 1400x700
Web Broadband = 4000x2000
CD = 6000x3000
Print = 8000x4000

i am confuse about the sizes as output is in 800x600 then why the pano image size is bigger in cd?

-------------
Nikon D100 | Sigma 8mm F4 FishEye | ManFrotto 303 SPH Pano-Head | ManFrotto 756B Tripod

MAK Patel
Technology Enthu
www.vox360.in

Message posted by smooth on August-23-2005 at 10:09am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Larger files sizes allow for better clarity when zooming.

Typically it is good to have your image 3 times larger than the viewing window.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by marktold on August-23-2005 at 10:16am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Dear MAK

Think about it that way

If you display a 8000 x 4000 pixel in a 800 x 600 window you can zoom in very much more without getting the image all pixel looking

if you display a 1400 x 700 image in the same 800 x 600 window you will see pixels very soon.

So your image size input does influence your viewer output. And who said you have to output 800 x600.

Fullscreen is whatever the client has. maybe 1024 x 768 or 1400 x 1050.

Test it yourself. Take the two images and display it both 800 x 600. Zoom in and you will have your answer right bevor you.

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by Gen. Lee on August-23-2005 at 11:27pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

The output is in pixel size. The images are all the same except for the dimensional size in pixels.

Web Dialup = 1400x700
Web Broadband = 4000x2000                   IN PIXELS
CD = 6000x3000
Print = 8000x4000

More pixels means better quality.

So web broadband is half as big as print.

The rest is just like marktold and smooth say.

Gen. Lee

Message posted by pixelator on November-08-2008 at 9:23am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Sorry for bringing up such an old post but it is the closest thing I've found.

With TW4 now using Flash what size are you guys saving your images at?

I'm stitching at 4000x2000 and save for web somewhere between 650K - 700K but unhappy with full screen. Can I go a bit larger with using Flash instead of Java?

As of now it looks like %79 of US homes have high speed while %15 are still on dial up. (apologies to those not in the US, it's the only survey I could find)

I do not want to exclude these dial up users, so what is the optimum file size?

Message posted by smooth on November-08-2008 at 9:39am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Note: This answer is mainly for Tourweaver 4.0 (not Panoweaver 4.0/5.0) atleast at this stage with publish options.

The benefit with TW4 is that you have the option of having normal window size and fullscreen. You just need to select a percentage say 50% of the fullscreen for normal window.

This option appears on the Flash Publish selections.

The "Fullscreen" image versions never load "unless & until" they are called. Meaning until the person viewing goes fullscreen. Until then a completely different set of images (tiles/sliced if selected) is shown (in this case those at 50%).

I think you should be aiming at 1.2 to 1.5mb for fullscreen with todays faster Internet speeds & nothing less than 4000x2000 in image dimensions because of the relative cheap 22"+ wide screen monitors.

Obviously some will compress better than others. Still, you will see a much improved result with a target file size of 1.5mb over 700k.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixelator on November-08-2008 at 9:47am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Cool, thanks Smooth.

I was just calculating times with THIS CALCULATOR to determine download times.

Looks like 1.5MB will take 3min 29 sec on 56k.

Message posted by tturner on November-09-2008 at 12:01am
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Hey Pixelator,

Just a thought to remember, if the viewer does not have high speed at home (referring to in the US) then they probably have it at work.  Not to be rude, but if they do not have access to high speed anywhere then they are probably not in your or the clients target audience.

On a side note how is your new business going?  Also, did you get the e-card I sent you and was it of any help.

Take care,
TTurner

Message posted by 360texas on November-09-2008 at 4:37pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Pix,  that download time issue has been somewhat a mystery for me.  Now it is easy to see the times versus connection speed.

Now I need to find a reference for world wide average connection speeds.  This is not true.. but something like  US average connections are 1.5mbps,  Europe is 6mbps,  etc.  My  freind Markus in Switzerland says his 16mbps connection is unstable but averages around 10 mbps.  And Bostjan in Estonia (Southern Europe) says he is getting 17 mbps.  Fiore in Southern  Italy says his is 16 mbps

Then again connection has a lot to do with internet congestion.

The internet speed is the SPEED OF LIGHT, only to be slowed down by slow routers and copper wire !

Unique broad band test URL http://www.speedtest.net/?s=793

Here in the Fort Worth Texas area have a 6mbps connection that is registering 5.4mbps down and 600kb upload speed test average.  6mbps is the highest speed availabe from our local AT&T ISP.

Thank you Sir,  I bookmarked that url

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register