Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Brightness Help Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by bdewoody on September-01-2005 at 12:22am
View bdewoody's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bdewoody Search   Visit bdewoody's Homepage www   Quote bdewoody Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bdewoody
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-22-2005
2 Posts

Here's my equipment configuration:

Canon 20D

Sigma 8mm

303 SPH Panohead

I've been having trouble getting the brightness to be consistent between images.  Does anyone know the ideal camera settings for getting the best brightness consistency between images?  I usually use an AE lock, and it works great when there is good lighting.  However, in rooms where there is a bright source, such as one window or one lamp, there is a considerable difference between some of the images.  I would like to fix this issue at the source and not have to do any post processing.  Any ideas?

Message posted by marktold on September-01-2005 at 4:39am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Use manual settings for exposure time and F settings and you should be clear I think.

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by RuddersUK on September-01-2005 at 5:18am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Also if you have high contrasting areas in a room, choose the mid point of exposure, so the light isnt too bright and the dark isnt too dark. Remember though its often easier to fix an under exposed image than it is an over exposed image.

Message posted by marktold on September-02-2005 at 3:02am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Or use bracketing and shoot 3 exposures on each stop. Stich and blend.

This whey you get the best of both worlds. Bright windows form underexposed shot, and dark room corners brighten up with overexposured shots.

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by Gen. Lee on September-02-2005 at 11:55pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I am sorry to inform you that you will have to do some post processing unless you want to output crap.

There is no way you can just shoot and stitch without doing post processing.

Exterior shot are easy. Anyone can take exterior shots.

But when it comes to interior shots with mixed lighting and bright windows and many other varialbes it is going to take  some work to get good images.

First, you have got to photograph from the center of the room or scene. If you can not avoid a bright light source close to the camera then turn that light off or choose another location in the scene.

Second you must use FULL MANUAL settings and select the ISO, white balance, shutter speed and apiture your self. If the camera is left to determin this for you in any way you will end up with inconsistant images.

I just replied to a post that may of interst to you located here
http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=1472&PagePosition=1

Gen. Lee

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register