Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: My updated website, please take a look Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by cuetoyou on September-08-2005 at 11:16am
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Hello all

I have just completed a revamp of my website and I was wondering if you would take a look and let me know what you think. Any obvious (or less than obvious) problems that you find would be usefull for me to know. I have tested it in Netscape, AOL, Firefox and Opera and it seems to function alright for me. I would like to know how it looks on a Mac though.

I'm thinking of removing the autoplay pano on the index.html page since it seems to make other tours a bit slow and jerky when launched from this page. Do you agree?

Any comments on the panos/tours included in this site gratefully received also.

I'm off to produce the French language version now!

Thanks in advance
Glenn

Message posted by mediaPix on September-08-2005 at 2:58pm
View mediaPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mediaPix Search   Visit mediaPix's Homepage www   Quote mediaPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mediaPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-19-2004
69 Posts

Hi Glenn

Just had a quick peep at your site out of interest as I'm currently working on my own. Couple of little errors I found. (from my visit that is, I'm running WIN XP SP2 IE6 sp2.)

1. The home page link does not work when returning from other pages on the site. You have it named and directing to http://www.visites360.com/index.html  May need to delete the L of the html. I know I had the same problem once. Your other pages are htm. Not sure why this happens as I'm no web expert. Other than that it may just be an image button hyperlink error.

2. The news column on the home page isn't showing the full width, missing a letter or two at the end of each line.

3. On the Rentals page the main image had text inviting you to click on image to explore this room. The image didn't load. Java script error I think!  Again, not a real web techy but Im sure someone will find the answer if you get stuck. 

Suggestion : On the pages were you have two columns I maybe would have used a separator image gif to split the columns and give them more definition. The two columns look a little squashed. Or maybe widen the columns a little. But hey!! thats only my opinion.

On the plus side I really like the 3d floor plans with the tours. Hope you don't mind me asking which floor plan software you use?

Also there are some very nice full screen images on show. Theres plenty of the AIDA on the site some of it I have used on mine. Hopefully it should get some results. I will have more time to have a look at the site again tomorrow. You can check my www once it's up and running and get your own back .

Regards

-------------

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8mm, Agnos MrotatorTShort, Photoshop CS, Panoweaver 3 & 4

Message posted by cuetoyou on September-08-2005 at 4:53pm
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Thanks mediaPix, very usefull information, if a little depressing!

Also embarassing that the links back to the home page didn't work!! I assure you they were earlier today, I don;t know what I must have done since to cock it up. Anyways, it was the .htm/.html extension as you guessed. How did that happen? Fixed now.

The News column issue is a bit of a poser since it's fine for me in the browsers I mentioned. I shall look into it, thanks.

The "Rentals" page pano that did not appear for you. It works fine for me, I hope it's not a popup blocking problem. Could you be kind enough and let me have a little bit more info about what what you see happening on your screen. Does a small window popup at all etc etc.

Finally, "Theres plenty of the AIDA on the site some of it I have used on mine. Hopefully it should get some results". Sorry but what do you mean, I don't understand "AIDA".

Thanks again very much for your time, I will certainly return the favor when you are ready.

Glenn

Message posted by pixelator on September-08-2005 at 10:17pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by cuetoyou on September-08-2005

Also embarassing that the links back to the home page didn't work!! I assure you they were earlier today, I don;t know what I must have done since to cock it up. Anyways, it was the .htm/.html extension as you guessed. How did that happen? Fixed now.

I have been looking into the same problem and a big problem it seems to be.  What type of control panel does your hosting provide?  i.e. cpanel.  Cpanel has been the problem of inputing the l in htm.  Also it still is appearing as .html but your left hand navigation is working.  However your navigation at the bottom of the page needs to read index.htm instead of index-new.htm.

Not going to bash you to hard for it is a great looking and easy to navigate sight.  That is the bottom line, make it easy for your users to use and understand and you have achieved this.

May I use your stats on your home page listed under virtual tours and your business?  That is pretty catchy

regards, pixel

Message posted by mediaPix on September-09-2005 at 5:04am
View mediaPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mediaPix Search   Visit mediaPix's Homepage www   Quote mediaPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mediaPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-19-2004
69 Posts

Hi Glenn

Took a capture of your page to show how the index page is being viewed on my system http://www.mediapix.co.uk/temp/360sample.htm 

Checked your page with html editor and see you do have a spacer  image (images/spacer-6x28.jpg) between the two columns but it isn't showing, maybe just needs uploading or placing in the correct Dir.

Quote: Originally posted by cuetoyou on September-08-2005

Finally, "Theres plenty of the AIDA on the site some of it I have used on mine. Hopefully it should get some results". Sorry but what do you mean, I don't understand "AIDA".

AIDA is a term used in marketing it means

A = Attention, I = Interest, D = Desire A= Action

These are the 4 basic key elements in producing advertising material. No doubt a qualified marketing expert would enhance the delivery of your AIDA but at a cost. White space is also commonly referred to in advertising, a term used to gain a fresh and clean looking publication in which it is easy to read and digest. 

I too have been gathering statistics to show customers the benefits of having 360 images Again promoting Features and Benefits are a key part of marketing.

Like all the other areas of this business, Photography, Htm, Marketing I dont profess to be an expert in any, it has all been a huge learning curve. This forum in particular has been a great help during the past 12 mths.

Still wouldn't mind knowing which 3d floorplan software you use

Regards

-------------

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on September-09-2005 at 5:50am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Dear Glen

I think you site looks very nice.

i have a coulple of questions I hope you can helpo me with. You seem to have solved a problem a lot of us have been struggeling with. At your site on the main page to the right you have a NEWS part. Under the text there is a link: "click here for demo" In that demo you use 2 floorplans. How the heck did you do that? I know many of us are very interested in learning how to apply multiple maps in our tours.

Also I would love to know wich program you use to produce your floorplans.

Just a comment ot your site. I can't see all of the text in the "news" area of the main page. It is most likely due to the resolution I use, but just want to let you know.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

- a newbie trying to improve

p.s. the panos made on your page are the made by the one shot lense?? I can't imagine they are?

Message posted by cuetoyou on September-09-2005 at 7:27am
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Thanks for all the replys so far, it's been a very usefull exercise. Please if anyone else wouldn't mind taking a quick look and letting me know their thoughts/findings I would love to hear from you.

I have fixed the page links as far as I can tell. They work for me.

Pixel: Thanks for the info and the compliments. Please go ahead and use "my" example VT statistics. They are not mine of course but real published stats, I would never make up such convincing numbers, heaven forbid!!

Mr mediaPix. Thanks for all your input and the screen shot is very useful. I don't know what to do about the "News" section being truncated on your screen (and Morten's - thanks Morten). Not good news that it's happening on 2 out of 4 peoples screens! If I make the "News" section Autosize it makes the whole page look bad. My screen resolution is set to 1024x768, nothing odd with this I shouldn't think. Does HTML guru have any advise or explanation for this phenomenon????

Mr Pix: you said "3. On the Rentals page the main image had text inviting you to click on image to explore this room. The image didn't load. Java script error I think!". Is this still a problem on your machine?

Some of you have asked about the 3D floorplan software. Well, er ahem, I don't know! I am currently starting to colaborate with another VT company and these are tours they produce but which I will be marketing. So I don't know how they do it, though I suspect it's some flavor of Autocad software. Neat though eh?

Morten: Only the panos in the tour with the 3D floorplans were produced with the 0-360 lens. All other panos on the site are D70, Nikkor 10.5, 6-shot +T+B.

The two floorplan tour is simply two HTML pages. One page for the ground floor with a link to the upper floor page. The other page for the upper floor with a link to the ground floor page. So they are two completely separate tours. Hope this helps.

Thanks again for your time on this guys.
Glenn

PS Whats going on with the font sizes and stuff when Posting Replys to this forum. Is it only me experiencing odd behaviour?

Message posted by smooth on September-09-2005 at 9:44am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I have adjust the font size and style on your posts Glenn.

This happens when you cut 'n' paste into the forum. Try and stick to Verdana Size 3.

I have had a quick look at your site and found many problems, so many in fact I'm not 100% sure where to start in trying to explain how to fix them. What are you using to write the html? I will take another look.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by cuetoyou on September-09-2005 at 10:26am
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Verdana size 3!

I am using Dreamweaver to produce the site. I am very concerned by what you have said If you could give me a quick list of the problems you have encountered that would be really great for me.

Thanks
Glenn (verdana 3 looks really big to me while I write this, something has certainly gone a bit wobbly)

Message posted by mediaPix on September-09-2005 at 11:24am
mediaPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-19-2004
69 Posts

This is a good one!!!

System 1. Desktop PC.  OS XP, SP2, IE 6, Java 1.5.0_04. Image on rental page will not load the tour image. No error message on IE info bar.

System 2. Laptop Computer. OS XP, SP2, IE 6, Java 1.5.0_04. Image on rental page WILL load the tour image. Which is strange because the IE info bar on the Laptop shows error on page. When you close the sized window and try to reopen, then it fails to load. F5 and the sized window opens.

Not sure what is going on but Java 1.5.0_04 has been giving me grief since installing. My PTViewer Scripter doesnt work anymore (Invalid or Corrupt jarfile PTScripter_win.jar message) 360 images load but sometimes dont rotate, close and reopen then they work.

There seems to be so many issues with Java. I can load a QT 1.5mb image quicker than it takes to load a small 3-400k java image. This I have tested viewing other peoples samples as well as my own. So whats going on? Is it time to dump the java?

I was also wondering why my post had various text etc, so glad that answers that Q. I normally use text editor because a number of times Ive lost my message in the form box. Also theres an excellent spill chicker in MS Word.

Regards

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register