Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: yet another website review Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pixelator on September-14-2005 at 4:00pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Just submitted the site to the search engines.  However, could use some constructive criticism on how it turned out.  Been getting a little better results on the panos too.  Should have a complete virtual tour in the next couple of days.

thanks, pixel

Message posted by RuddersUK on September-14-2005 at 7:39pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Your prices a WAY too cheap mate! dont work your guts off for pennies!

Message posted by pixelator on September-14-2005 at 8:25pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

I have been very confused about what to charge.  An article here on the forum somewhere dave "360texas" says $100 minimum.  So I kind of based it some what on that, adding the $25.00 appointment fee to the $75.00 vitual tour.  With more practice on my panos, where I can deliver a top quality product, was then going to raise it up a bit.  Other than my pricing I trust the site looks o.k?  Any tips on pricing?  Thanks for the input mate

regards, pixel

Message posted by 360texas on September-15-2005 at 9:09am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

That rate is 100$ each with minimum of 5.  Total is $500 for a project.  But then.. you need to think about how the client is going to use the images. 

Realtors typically only use the images for 60days (until property closes) then images have no value.  Basically throw away panoramas.  Repeat business is high.  So work is based on volume.  More houses, more panoramas.

Hotels and destinations are a different market.  Images have higher value for several reasons.  Lets say the client has a $100,000 monthly cash flow revenue.  They have a website online using single 2D images.  In a recent Best Western Hotel article it was learned that the use of panoramas helped increase online bookings by 48% in 2004.  Typically, panoramas on Hotel websites have a useful life of 5 years or until the hotel gets remodeled. 

That means that using panoramas online helped increase that monthly cash flow from $100k to $148k or an increase of $48,000/month. 

If you took 10 panoramas for that hotel, and charged $500 each for a total project cost of $5,000.

month 1 $43,000 x 1 ($48k - $5k panoramas) 

11 months  $48,000 x 11 = $571,000.

First year  cash flow 571k + 43k = $614k increase

For the remaining 4 out years:

48 x 12 = $576k x 4 years = $2,304,000

Whats wrong with this picture ?

They give you $5,000 and they make $2.3m.    I don't think you are charging enough for your panoramas at $500 each. 

Come to think of it,  I should take another look at my pricing page.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by pixelator on September-15-2005 at 10:52am
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Updated the price   Do need to do some more work on adding detailed info but running short on time this morning.  Thanks for the input.

Pixel

Message posted by smooth on September-15-2005 at 12:38pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Pixel,

Mate, here are my observations.

• I hate the font used for basic text *Yuk* "Times Roman" for me Times Roman is the font people use that don't make an effort. Personally I suggest you change to Ariel - Verdana or even Tahoma.
  • You must lose the easypano loading screen and replace it with your own. The loading bar colour needs to match your website colours also.
  • Your sample panorama takes way too long to load. Maximise the compression and size.
  • Add some "padding" to your table cells. 5 is a good setting. Text and boxes should not touch each other.
  • Tone down the "green" scroll bar (Hex = #28FD01). The green is fine only a little too bright. Try and match to your logo green (Hex = #79E767)

Apart from that I fined the site easy on the eye, easy for customers to navigate and all in all just the way a good website should be. Simple!

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by Fitz on September-15-2005 at 4:29pm
View Fitz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Fitz Search   Visit Fitz's Homepage www   Quote Fitz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Fitz
Standard Member
Standard Member
South Africa
August-02-2005
43 Posts

Talking about working for pennies!

Let me tell you about the South African situation.

The ave rate per scene is $23 for a real estate tour.

So here's the deal -  outsource it to us for $50 and we will all be laughing.

Message posted by yowsiang on September-15-2005 at 10:18pm
View yowsiang's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by yowsiang Search   Quote yowsiang Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
yowsiang
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-08-2002
58 Posts
OH my goodness how can they do it for so cheap??? The trip down to the location, shooting time, back to studio, processing of images, sento the CD to client, back to studio again.... all these for $23/scene.???? unbelievable....

Message posted by phoenixrising on September-16-2005 at 3:40am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
tour does not equal tour... you can always get some fool to work for peanuts... peanuts=monkeys.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by Fitz on September-17-2005 at 5:33am
View Fitz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Fitz Search   Visit Fitz's Homepage www   Quote Fitz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Fitz
Standard Member
Standard Member
South Africa
August-02-2005
43 Posts

Our tours equal tours: http://www.vizmark.co.za//demo1/Tourviewer_dewet.html

Monkeys = people who do not understand global economics.

Our cost of living is far cheaper....ouch!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register