Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: 350d AE lock Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Crafty on September-22-2005 at 6:34am
View Crafty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Crafty Search   Visit Crafty's Homepage www   Quote Crafty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Crafty
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
September-16-2005
127 Posts

Anyone with a 350d now how to set the AE lock without having to hold the daft little * button for all 6 shots?. Very difficult when doing T+B.

Thanks

Message posted by 360texas on September-22-2005 at 9:22am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

No.  With a dSLR,  I take light meter and aperature samplings at all click stops.  Then I average the meter and speed settings.  I use manual setting and enter the average values.  We take RAW images so the color temperature, exposure value and chromatic abberation can be balanced.

Taking images outdoors on a sunny day I would start with f/8 at 125th second and go from there.  I know.... sunny days in the UK are rare.  So try setting the f/stop at 7.2 or 8 and let the camera determine the shutter speed.  With f/8 you should get a good depth of field where all should be in focus.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Crafty on September-22-2005 at 10:16am
View Crafty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Crafty Search   Visit Crafty's Homepage www   Quote Crafty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Crafty
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
September-16-2005
127 Posts

Thanks Dave

Is this averaging ok for indoors too?

Also I seem to be getting large shading (exposure?) variations in 1 or 2 of the quadrants even though Im using AE lock.  Very obvious when stitched. Why is this do you think?

Thanks for your help!

Message posted by 360texas on September-22-2005 at 11:01am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmmm well to start with, click stop image #1 might be located using this technique.

Put your back to the prime light.  This can be the sun, or bright window or source of brightest light.  Then rotate either 90 degrees left or right for your first image.

What this does.. is puts your lens where there is 50% bright 50% dark room areas.  I would put your camera in automatic (green rectangle) mode,  read and write down the f/stop and shutter speed.  Then rotate the wheel over to (M)anual mode and enter those values.

We use Photoshop CS2 and we take RAW images so the color temperature, exposure value and chromatic abberation can be manually balanced, before stitching.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by pixelator on September-22-2005 at 4:19pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

More on the 350D/Rebel xt can be found on the following thread.  I am a newb and found this information along with the help provided here on the forum very useful.  Hope this helps out.  Lot's of reading and take, take, take, take, take, take, pictures.

Regards, Pixel

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register