Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: WORLD WIDE PANORAMA 21-25Sep Energy Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on September-22-2005 at 9:42am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Just thought I would remind everyone that the World Wide Panorama Event is now in play.  The theme this time is "Energy".  The University of California at Berkeley is hosting this event.  This event is a "Showing"... not a contest.  It is open to ALL VR Photographers.  Last event "Water" there were 256 photographers from 44 nations.

To see all previous events bookmark:

http://www.worldwidepanorama.com

To enter this event get an account book mark:

http://128.32.102.88:8090/gen/

We personally have particiapted in the last 4 events.  Yes, we have used Panoweaver for these events.

The time frame to take your Energy panorama is 21 through 25 September.  After that time you will have a week to stitch your image and upload it to the University Server.  The schedule should be posted on the WWP website site.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Gen. Lee on September-22-2005 at 1:03pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Hi Dave,

I have been waiting for the date to arrive.

I will definitly be submitting a pano.

Too bad I missed the last project "water". I am surrounded by water. LOL

Energy has required a little more thinking. But I have something in mind.

Gen. Lee

Message posted by Gen. Lee on September-24-2005 at 9:18pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

I shot my scene for the project yesterday. Came out Goooooooooood.

Anybody else here shooting one for the WWP?

General Lee

Message posted by makpatel on September-26-2005 at 12:13am
View makpatel's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by makpatel Search   Visit makpatel's Homepage www   Quote makpatel Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
makpatel
Standard Member
Standard Member
India
August-08-2005
47 Posts
i've shooted one for energy by travell arround 700Km far from hometown and got good result to submit. not extra ordinary but good enough to submit. i have already submitted my result and waiting for approval.

-------------
Nikon D100 | Sigma 8mm F4 FishEye | ManFrotto 303 SPH Pano-Head | ManFrotto 756B Tripod

MAK Patel
Technology Enthu
www.vox360.in

Message posted by Gen. Lee on September-27-2005 at 12:41pm
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Hi Dave,

The WWP mentions you can use hotspots in the image to jump to a "multi node" sequence. I have 10 panos of the location I picked but only one is for the submission. But I would like to make the whole tour available. I only have PW4.0 and no other software capable of making "mov" files.

Do you know how to make a hotspot in a quicktime file? What software would you recommend to process MOV files.

I swear I saw an html link on one of the sumbissions that lead to the full tour of someones submission. Is that something that can be added in your profile?

Thanks

General Lee

Message posted by 360texas on September-27-2005 at 3:20pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi GL,

Yes, hotspots maybe created using pano2QTVR.exe.  In the PRO version (nominal shareware $) you can also use up to 11 sprites.  First sprite is for 5 second delay (included), and you can add .mp3's, and tranparent .gif's (for company logo) and I even tried a Flash .swf and it worked.  I used SWISH (like a FLASH Lite) to take a 1.2mb WAV and when I converted it to a .swf using streaming music loop about 10kb filesize.

Features in pano2qtvr would be a great addition to a new version of Panoweaver that makes qtvr .mov's.

http://www.pano2qtvr.com

We are using our clients pano's for our WWP submission Energy.  A preview may be seen here on our clients DEMO page

http://www.360texas.com/tips/rd/java/index.htm

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by 360texas on October-11-2005 at 9:29am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

"Energy" Event at World Wide Panorama  Site is now live.

223 VR Panorama photographers from around the world participated in this event.

http://www.worldwidepanorama.com

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register