Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Near full screen panoramas using java Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on September-27-2005 at 3:31pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I think I have found a technique for displaying PW3/4 panoramas at near full screen.  I was looking for an alternative to using full screen QTVR's.

The key is to get the right ratio between image width and viewer width.

I used an original PW4 stitched .bmp image about 2500h x 5000w 33mb.  In PS I resized it down to 1600h x 3200w 13mb and saved for web 1 time converted to jpg 1.3mb.

Then I display it with a viewer opening 450h x 900w pixels using Fulvio's Ptviewer 27L2_b8.jar.  This jar does a good job of smooth rotation.

I use Easypano's Ptviewer Scripter for the tool bar hotzone areas for the < > and + - buttons.

It is also curious that the viewer height is (width 450px/ width1600px) 28% of the image height.  In the past I have been recommending around 30 -35 %.

I am delivering these images using Fulvio's PTviewer 27L2_b8.jar viewer (36kb).  In the past we have been using PTviewer.jar version 2.5 (24kb) .

Any thoughts ?

I am doing this for a client over in Weatherford Texas.  It also is for our WWP entries.

http://www.360texas.com/tips/rd/java/index.htm

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by RuddersUK on September-27-2005 at 7:39pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Have you seen immervisions java plugin mate?

Message posted by 360texas on September-27-2005 at 7:51pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Yes.. but think about toolbars and splash screens for our client.  Not sure that immervision will do that.. unless I am wrong....

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Thomas on September-28-2005 at 3:04am
View Thomas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thomas Search   Visit Thomas's Homepage www   Quote Thomas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thomas
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-18-2002
157 Posts

You can create your own toolbar and splash screen for the G2 Viewer diving into the xml file. However, the splash shows up very late in the old version of the viewer, maybe the new viewer has changed a bit. The quality is very good.

Another alternative could be the plugin from DevalVR: http://www.devalvr.com/

Message posted by smooth on September-28-2005 at 2:23pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Avoid DevalVR plug-in based on the fact it is "ActiveX" the same principle design as Easypano's FlyVR.

Although they both work well they will not be accepted because of known security risks of ActiveX.

I would wait for the final version of Immervision's G2 Java viewer when they release the software to customise the splash screen etc. It is by far the best of the Java viewers.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by steiner on September-29-2005 at 4:55am
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Hi fellas (long time not here)

I'm not sure I'm following this.  Would I need to download the 'G2 Panorama FileBuilder' or simply the G2 Java Player?  I'm imagining I'd need more than just the player as I'd need something to output the necessary code right?

(As an aside - this plug-in opens a few nice doors for StudioMax users: http://www.immervision.com/news/news34/news34_us.php ) 

Message posted by smooth on September-29-2005 at 2:38pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Steiner,

You need both.

When the final Immervision FileBuilder is released "shortly we are told" it will be the "ducks guts" allowing full control over the splash screen - menubar - preloader etc.

The XML coding allows for many features and options including StudioMax.

Download it and play - "It's FREE"

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by phoenixrising on September-29-2005 at 5:00pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi guys...

been busy... hense lack of presence.

Dave... matter of interest... how do you manage to keep the tripodcap from turning in the image???

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by steiner on September-29-2005 at 7:48pm
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts
If it's free it's for me. ;)  Thanks Smooth, I'll keep me eyes open for future developments.

Message posted by 360texas on September-30-2005 at 11:13am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I am glad you asked that question.  Simple,  When the pano is displayed, view the source, then scroll down the applet code and find this:

<PARAM name = file value = "ptviewer:0">
      <PARAM name = pano0 value =
 "{file=pixsml/sam2panosml.jpg}
  {hotspot0= X488 Y488 n'Click to see'q i'tcapsam.gif'}">

Where hotspot0 is the first hotspot in the applet list
The X488 Y488 are pixel coordinates for the center of the graphic
"n" is Text to be displayed on mouse over at 1 pixel location 488 x 488
"q" .. not sure what this means
"i" means "image to display" in quotes

It is a hotspot graphic hotspot0 at x488 y488  tcapsam.gif .  488 x488 seems to put right on the bottom.  The tcapsam.gif is a transparent gif I made in photoshop.  You will need to see the code to understand how ptviewer.jar works.  In this case I am using Fulvio's ptviewer27L2_b8.jar in order to get best rotation rendering.  I tried ptviewer.jar version 2.5 and rotation rendering was not good.  Got lots of uneven warping in the upper left and right corners of the viewer.

Hope this helps

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register